The weather is heating up and I’ve found myself wearing a messy bun far too often!
For today’s tutorial I wanted to share a fun way to dress up your favorite high bun. I am obsessed with this look and know it’s going to be my new favorite this Summer! If you loved the Double Lace Braid High Bun from last year then you’re bound to love this one as well!
Let me know what you think and whether you’d rock this hairstyle this season. xo, Missy
Four Strand Braid High Bun Supplies:
Four Strand Braid High Bun Instructions:
- Step 1 / Begin by parting the hair on the right side
- Step 2 / Then divide off a section of hair on the heavy side of the part for the braid.
- Step 3 / Pick up a section near the part and divide it into four pieces. I always make the second section the largest since this one never has hair added into it.
- Step 4 / Numbering the strands 1 through 4 start by crossing strand 4 under strand 3.
- Step 5 / Then cross strand 3 over strand 2.
- Step 6 / Cross strand 1 over strand 2.
- Step 7 / Then cross strand 2 under strand 3.
- Step 8 / Now repeat the pattern adding hair into the two outside strands, strand 1 and strand 4.
- Step 9 / After 2 more sets of the braid stop adding in hair to strand 4. This will help the braid curve into the messy bun at the end.
- Step 10 / Now only adding hair into strand 1 continue the braid until it reaches the left ear.
- Step 11 / Now braid the rest of the section to the ends in a four strand braid without adding in any additional hair.
- Step 12 / Criss cross two bobby pins over the bottom so it doesn’t unravel. I like doing this because it’s easier to remove than an elastic band.
- Step 13 / Next brush all of the hair into a high ponytail, leaving out the braid.
- Step 14 / For the bun wrap a hair band once over the ponytail. Then twist the hair band around the dominant hand and with the other hand spread the ponytail around the hair band to form the base of the bun.
- Step 15 / Then wrap the hair band twice more over the bun.
- Step 16 / Now pull on the edges of the bun to make it bigger.
- Step 17 / Take the hair that is left sticking out and roll this towards the top of the bun, tucking it into the hairband to form another loop. Continue rolling and tucking the hair into the hair band until aren’t any ends sticking out.
- Step 18 / Now pick up a the braid and gently pull on the edges until it’s really wide. This will help the braid show up a lot better and help hide any part lines created by the braid.
- Step 19 / Wrap the braid around the base of the bun and pin it underneath with bobby pins.
- Step 20 / Spray the style with a medium-hold hairspray and smooth down any loose hair.