3 Easy Holiday Hairstyles Supplies:
In today’s video I’m excited to be sharing three, easy holiday hairstyles. I am also partnering with L’Ange to show you how I prep my hair for these styles. New Years Eve is coming up and these would be so cute for a holiday party but of course you could also wear there for any occasion. Be sure to check out some of L’Ange hair products for up to 70% off!
3 Easy Holiday Hairstyles Instructions:
I always curl my hair before doing any hairstyle so to protect my hair from the heat, I’m going to use the L’Ange Rival Heat Shield. This is a great product for helping prevent damage from styling tools and since its infused with keratin and chamomile extract it leaves my hair brushable while also adding shine.
I’m using the Siena Paddle brush which is lightweight and cushioned so it glides through my hair, detangling any knots.
I’m just going to take 1 inch sections and curl them away from my face, holding each section for about 10 seconds.
The curling wand I’m using is the Le Cinq 5 piece curling wand set from L’Ange. It comes in a convenient case and includes 5 different wands, making it easy to switch between a variety of curls.
For everyday curls, I like to switch between the 25 mm and 32 mm sizes and today I’m using the 25 mm to create a more defined curl.
This wand heats up quickly which I really love and I like to keep mine set around 300 degrees.
Once all of my hair is curled, I like to use my fingers to gently comb through them so they’re softer.
Double Twisted Half Updo Instructions:
- Step 1 / With your hair parted where you normally prefer, divide off a 3″ section of hair, at the temples, on both the right side and left side.
- Step 2 / Bring them together at the back and tie them off with a clear elastic band.
- Step 3 / Flip the ends up and around the elastic band so the two sides are twisted.
- Step 4 / Hold on to the elastic with one hand and gently pull on the edges of the twists to make them appear more full.
- Step 5 / Wrap a small piece of hair around the elastic, pinning it underneath with a bobby pin.
- Step 6 / Repeat steps 1-5 with two new sections of hair underneath the first twist.
Wrapped Half Updo Instructions:
- Step 1 / Divide out a section of hair above both ears and bring it to the back of the head.
- Step 2 / Split the hair in half and let down the hair on the left side to use later on.
- Step 3 / With the hair from the right side, pick up a small piece of hair at the back of the head and tie them together using a small elastic band. This will help anchor the hair in place.
- Step 4 / Now take the section from the left side and cross this over the elastic band and then wrap it underneath the elastic.
- Step 5 / Slide some bobby pins into bottom-side of the wrapped piece, underneath the elastic the hair until it feels secure and won’t fall loose.
Twisted Ponytail Instructions:
- Step 1 / Divide out a section of hair on the left side.
- Step 2 / Divide it into two pieces and twist the bottom piece over the top.
- Step 3 / Add in a new section of hair to the bottom piece and wrap it over the top section.
- Step 4 / Continue adding in hair, wrapping the bottom section over the tp until it reaches the nape of the neck.
- Step 5 / Clip the twist at the back of the head to work with later.
- Step 6 / Repeat the same steps and create another twisted section with the hair on the right side.
- Step 7 / Combine all of the hair together and tie it off with a hair band to create a ponytail.
- Step 8 / Hide the hair band by wrapping a section of hair from the ponytail around the hair band and pin it underneath with a bobby pin.