Today I’m finally sharing a tutorial for this hairstyle that I posted on Instagram. I love asking which tutorials you guys want to see the most and this one received soooo many votes!
I hope you enjoy the video and try out this hairstyle for yourself! Let me know what you think in the comments below! Thank you so much for watching! xoxo, Missy
Twisted Braid + Pull Thru Braid Supplies:
Twisted Braid + Pull Thru Braid Instructions:
- Step 1 / With a part on the right side, divide out a section of hair on the left side from the part line down to the left ear and clip away the forward hair.
- Step 2 / Then repeat the same thing on the right side, dividing off a section above the ear and clipping it out of the way.
- Step 3 / Now divide out a section of hair at the crown, twist it together and pin it against the head with a few bobby pins.
- Step 4 / Let down the left section of hair, pick up a small piece near the part and divide it into two pieces.
- Step 5 / Cross the left strand over the right strand then add a new section of hair into both pieces and then cross the left strand over the right strand again.
- Step 6 / Twist the two sections towards the face and add a new section into both pieces again.
- Step 7 / Then cross the left strand over the right strand again.
- Step 8 / Repeat those steps twisting the sections together until reaching the left temple.
- Step 9 / Now stop adding in new sections and continue twisting the two strands together until reaching the end of the section.
- Step 10 / Slide a bobby pin over the bottom so it doesn’t unravel.
- Step 11 / Now repeat those same steps with the hair that was clipped away on the right side.
- Step 12 / Once the twist reaches around the back of the head, pin it underneath the crown section with a few bobby pins.
- Step 13 / Take the twist on the left side and go back over it pulling on the edges to make it wider and more full.
- Step 14 / Now bring it around the back of the head and pin it underneath the other twist with bobby pins.
- Step 15 / With the remaining hair, divide it into two sections, a top portion and a bottom portion.
- Step 16 / Take the top section and divide it into two smaller sections, wrap them around the bottom portion of hair, combining them back together underneath and then tie them off with an elastic band.
- Step 17 / Now with the new top section of hair, split this into two sections, wrap them around the bottom section of hair, combining them back together underneath and then tie them together with another elastic band.
- Step 18 / Repeat that steps once more so there are three sections of the braid. You can create more sections or less, depending on the length of your hair.
- Step 19 / Now go back over the sections, pulling on the edges to make them fuller.
- Step 20 / Set the style with hairspray and smooth down flyaways.