Today’s tutorial is a style I’ve worn before but never considered filming a tutorial for it. It’s an easy way to dress up a simple ponytail and works great as a heatless hairstyle too.
I’m sharing today’s tutorial in partnership with Yelloow hair extensions. They’re made from keratin fiber so they act and feel just like real hair but are a fraction of the price. You can curl and straighten them and each set comes with 10 wefts of hair. I love wearing hair extensions in some of my hairstyles to help add extra volume and fullness.
Be sure to visit therunwaybeauty.com to check them out and you can get 10% off your very first set with the code MissySue10!
Dutch Fishtail Pony Supplies:
Dutch Fishtail Pony Instructions:
Prep: For today’s tutorial, I’m using my hair extensions from Yelloww. They’re made from Keratin fiber but they feel and act just like real hair and you can curl and straighten them too. Each set includes 10 wefts of hair and are multi-tonal so they blend in better with your natural hair.
These extensions are more affordable than other extensions so visit therunwaybeauty.com to check them out and use the code MISSYSUE10 to get 10% off your first set.
- Step 1 / To start this hairstyle, pick up a section of hair at the top of the head and divide it into three sections.
- Step 2 / Cross the left strand under the middle, then cross the right strand under the middle.
- Step 3 / Now combine the middle and left strand together.
- Step 4 / Take a small piece from the left side and cross it under to the right side. Pick up a new section and cross it under to the left side.
- Step 5 / Then take a small piece from the right side, cross it under the left, pick up a new section of hair and cross it under to the left side.
- Step 6 / Repeat those steps continuing the dutch fishtail braid until all of the hair is brought into the braid and it reaches the nape of the neck.
- Step 7 / Now tie off the end of the braid with a hair band at the nape of my neck.
- Step 8 / Go back over the braid and pull on the edges to make it wider and more full.
- Step 9 / Then take a section of hair from the ponytail, wrap it around the hair band, and pin it underneath with a bobby pin.