This has always been one of my favorite hairstyles. I posted a picture of this style recently on instagram and realized I’ve never done a tutorial for it. If you already know how to fishtail braid then you can easily learn the french braid version. This only takes a few minutes to do and you don’t need to be a pro to learn it. It’s such a great everyday style so I hope you give it a try! xo, Missy
Fishtail French Braid Ponytail Supplies:
Fishtail French Braid Ponytail Instructions:
- Step 1 / With the part on the right side, pick up a section of hair on the heavy side of the part and divide it into three pieces.
- Step 2 / Cross the right strand over the middle, then cross the left strand over the middle.
- Step 3 / Combine the middle and right strand together.
- Step 4 / Now to take a small piece from the right side, cross it over the left, pick up a new section and cross it over to the left side.
- Step 5 / Then take a small piece from the left, cross it over to the right, pick up a new section and cross it over to the right side.
- Step 6 / Now do one stitch of the braid without adding in any new pieces.
- Step 7 / Then cross a piece from the right over to the left, add a new section into the braid.
- Step 8 / Then cross a piece from the left over to the right, pick up a section and cross it over to the right.
- Step 9 / Then do one stitch of the braid without adding in any new pieces.
- Step 10 / Repeat those steps until hair is brought in from above left left ear.
- Step 11 / Then continue braiding the hair a little further down and slide a bobby pin over the bottom.
- Step 12 / Now combine all of the hair together into a ponytail and tie it off with a hair band.
- Step 13 / Wrap a piece of hair around the hair band and secure it underneath with a bobby pin.
- Step 14 / Set the style in place with hairspray.