Truth: It’s 1:30 AM and I’m rushing to put this post together. I put it off all week and now I’m paying the price so I’ll keep this short. This is one of my favorite hairstyles for Summer.
Of course, even though it’s now Fall, I’ll still wear this look all year round. I’ve always loved this time of year, Autumn. With the close of another Summer, it always feels like I’m leaving a small piece of myself behind. There’s something so solemn about the end of Summer; as if life starts new again with the Fall, a time to reinvent yourself and begin again. Maybe it’s just the nostalgia.
I’ve never done tutorials for some of the more “basic” styles so when someone requested a tutorial for this look I was more than happy to create one. I hope you love it, like always, thanks so much for reading. xo, Miss
Double Dutch Fishtail Braids Supplies:
Double Dutch Fishtail Braids Instructions:
- Step 1 / Begin by parting the hair where you normally part it.
- Step 2 / Create a zigzag part down the back of the head and tie away the hair on the right side.
- Step 3 / Pick up a section of hair near the part, on the left side, and divide it into three section.
- Step 4 / Begin a dutch braid by crossing the right strand under the middle and then crossing the left strand.
- Step 5 / Now combine the middle and right strand together and begin a dutch fishtail braid.
- Step 6 / Cross a small section from the right under to the left, pick up a new section of hair and cross it under to the left.
- Step 7 / Now cross a small section from the left under to the right, pick up a new section of hair and cross it under to the right.
- Step 8 / Repeat those steps, continuing the dutch fishtail braid until all of the hair from the left side of the head is brought into the braid.
- Step 9 / Tie off the end of the braid with an elastic band.
- Step 10 / Now repeat the exact same steps and create a second dutch fishtail braid with the hair on the right side.
- Step 11 / Once all of the hair is brought into the braid, then tie off the end of the braid with an elastic band.
- Step 12 / Go back over the braid, pulling on the edges to make the braid wider and more full.
- Step 13 / Wrap a small section of hair around each elastic and secure it underneath with a bobby pin.
- Step 14 / Set the style with a medium-hold hairspray