Bridal season is coming up so I thought it’d be fun to share a fancy high bun hairstyle. This was inspired by a picture I saw on pinterest and love how it turned out. The bun can be a little intimidating but it’s definitely doable with a bunch of mirrors so you can see every angle of the style as you go. I hope you give it a try and love it as much as I do! xo, Missy
Mini Braid Wrapped High Bun Supplies:
- Rattail comb
- Hair band
- Bobby pins
- Medium-hold hairspray
Mini Braid Wrapped High Bun Instructions:
- Step 1 / First divide out a circular section of hair at the crown and tie it off with a hair band.
- Step 2 / Now take a section of hair from the ponytail and braid it into a regular three strand braid down to the ends and cross a bobby pin over the bottom so it doesn’t unravel.
- Step 3 / Next take a small section from the ponytail, twist it slightly and then pin it against the head around the hair band.
- Step 4 / Repeat those steps until all of the ponytail is pinned into little twists around the hair band.
- Some tips to keep in mind for this portion is to take small enough sections that they’ll pin down easily. Keep the sections close together and focus on creating some symmetry with each section.
- Step 5 / Now begin pinning the hair left down around the ponytail. So separate out small sections, bring them up to the top of the head and pin them in place.
- Step 6 / Then create little loops with the ends of each section and secure them in place with bobby pins.
- Step 7 / Repeat those steps, working around the head until all of the hair is pinned up.
- Step 8 / Now take the braid that was created at the start and wrap this around the left side of the bun and secure it in place with a bobby pin.