I always love creating these themed tutorials and todays features 3 fishtail braid hairstyles. These hairstyles are all casual enough for wearing everyday which is the type of style that gets requested the most. With a combination of a low bun, high bun, and half up style I hope these will give you some great ideas for styling your hair over the weekend and into next week. If you do decide to recreate any of these styles then be sure to let me know in the comments below!
Double Fishtail Braids Low Bun Instructions:
- Step 1 / Starting with a part on the left side, create a zig zag part down the back of the head. Then tie off the right half.
- Step 2 / Create a dutch fishtail braid with the hair on the left. Begin by picking up a small section near the hairline and splitting it into three sections. Cross the side strands under the middle to begin a regular braid and then combine the back and middle strand so there are only two pieces for the fishtail braid.
- Step 3 / Begin crossing small pieces from the right strand underneath to the left strand. Pick up a new section of hair, crossing it underneath to the left strand.
- Step 4 / Take a small piece from the left strand, crossing it under to the right and bringing in a new section of hair.
- Step 5 / Continue braiding the hair until hair is brought in at the top of the left ear.
- Step 6 / Then braid a little further down and criss-cross two bobby pins over the ends to work with later.
- Step 7 / Next create a second dutch fishtail braid on the right side of the head, adding in hair until the braid reaches the top of the ear. Then braid a little further down and sliding two bobby pins over the ends.
- Step 8 / Next combine all the hair together and remove the bobby pins from the ends of the braids.
- Step 9 / Wrap a hair band once over the ponytail, twist it again with the right hand and spread the ponytail up and around the hair band. Then wrap the hair band twice more over the bun.
- Step 10 / Take the ends and tuck them back into the hair band at the top of the bun to finish the style.
Fishtail Braid High Bun Instructions:
- Step 1 / Start by flipping the head upside down and picking up a small slice near the hairline.
- Step 2 / Divide it into the three pieces and cross the side strands under the middle.
- Step 3 / Combine the middle and left strand so there are two for the fishtail braid.
- Step 4 / Take a small section from the left side, and pick up a new section, crossing both underneath to the right side.
- Step 5 / Then take a small section from the right side, picking up a new section, crossing both underneath to the left side.
- Step 6 / Continue the braid up the back of the head until hair is brought in at the top of the ears.
- Step 7 / Then braid a little further down and tie it off with an elastic band.
- Step 8 / Combine all the hair together for the bun and do the same bun as described in the previous hairstyle.
Half Up Ponytail Flip and Fishtail Braid Instructions:
- Step 1 / Start by dividing off a section of hair at the crown and tie it off with an elastic band.
- Step 2 / Next create a gap right above the elastic band and pull the ponytail through the gap and back down again to create a flip.
- Step 3 / Wrap a small section of hair around the elastic band and secure it with another elastic band.
- Step 4 / Now braid the ponytail into a fishtail braid by dividing it into two halves and crossing small pieces from one side over to the opposite side.
- Step 5 / Continue the braid until it’s about halfway down the section and then go back and pull on the edges to make it wider.
- Step 6 / Tie it off with an elastic band. Cover the elastic by wrapping a section of hair around it and securing it with another elastic band.