Some mornings (or afternoons) you simply don’t have a lot of time to spend on your makeup, or want to! I know this is often the case for me, and on most days too. Ever since we moved to Arizona I have been sweating my makeup off nearly every single day. It gets to a point where I simply don’t want to spend much time putting it on anymore.
In an effort to keep myself from looking like the walking dead however I have a quick and simple routine for putting on a minimal amount of makeup and still looking presentable. I realize Summer is nearly over but this makeup looks for every season, all year round, so I hope you enjoy it and give it a try!
5 Minute Summer Makeup Instructions:
- Step 1 / Eyebrows – Everyday. Every.single.day I fill in and define my brows. This one simple step makes one of the biggest differences in my everyday makeup look. I love using the IT Cosmetics Brow Power brow pencil and have already gone through three of them. It’s so convenient because it’s a roll up applicator and comes with a spoolie brush which is essential for getting those brows “on fleek” if you will.
- Step 2 / Eye Lids – Most days I don’t wear eyeshadow. It’s just one extra step that I’d rather skip when I’m only allowing myself a few minutes to get ready. Of course, I’d rather not leave them completely bare so often times I’ll throw on MAC Paint Pot in Painterly to add a hint of color to my lids without going over the top. I also really really love using these as well.
- Step 3 / Eyeliner – I’ll be honest this feels like an unnecessary extra step but… eyeliner can really make a difference when you’re going for that ‘au naturel’ look. It really helps add a bit of definition to the eyes especially when you’ve got blonde lashes (like I do) and are choosing to skip any eyeshadow at all. I prefer liquid eyeliner over pencils even though they do take those few extra special seconds of concentration to get that line just right.
- Step 4 / Mascara – Mascara is a blonde girls best friend. I was graciously blessed with invisible lashes and have struggled with feeling like a boy every day when I’m not wearing mascara, eyelash extensions, or have recently dyed them. AJ’s kind enough to remind me I am not a boy but applying a few swipes of mascara is so quick and easy and I literally do it every day even if I am not putting on any other makeup.
- Step 5 / Primer – Let’s be honest, makeup just doesn’t last without primer. This stuff is my holy grail beauty assistant and I wouldn’t apply any makeup without smearing this everywhere first. Make Up Forever has a variety of flavors so you can pick up the one that works best with your skin. I love the hydrating and nourishing ones best.
- Step 6 / Concealer – If you don’t like wearing liquid or powder foundation but want to still look a little more awake then I definitely recommend applying a few dabs of concealer under the eyes. When I’m in a major rush I always make sure to apply concealer and even touch it up later in the day before we head out to dinner if I’m looking a little drab.
- Step 7 / Foundation – During the summer heat I prefer wearing a powder foundation. This one has been a favorite for years because it makes my complexion more even and clear while keeping it feeling light and non-cakey.
- Step 8 / Blush – After applying concealer and foundation you most likely look like all the color has been drained from your skin. Blush is the easiest remedy when rushing out the door. If I have extra time I’ll also apply a bronzer but never go without blush. Here are a few of my very favorites: Luminoso, The One, Orgasm
- Step 9 / Lips – I never remember to put on lipstick and as soon as I do I want to wipe it off, haha! To remedy this I love wearing a tinted lip balm instead. Here I’m wearing Peony but also love applying Dervish and a clear lip balm over the top for a more natural look.