Springtime means wedding season is nearly here! Every year the bridal hair trends change and this year I keep seeing this type of style all over instagram, pinterest, you name it.
Of course, I had to try it out and instead of following a pattern, mixed a few different techniques to create this specific hairstyle. If you choose to recreate it for a special event feel free to put your own twist on it!
Fancy Formal Braid Supplies:
- Nume tapered curling wand
- Optional: Luxy Hair extensions – code LUXYMISSYSUE
- 1 Clear elastic band
- 10-20 Bobby pins
- Ornate hair accessory
- Medium-hold hairspray
Fancy Formal Braid Instructions:
- Step 1 / Begin by prepping the hair by curling it all away from the face with a tapered curling wand.
- Step 2 / Finger comb the top section of hair away from the face and gently back comb it slightly.
- Step 3 / Divide off a section of hair at the crown, twist it together and pin it against the head with the left side going over the right side.
- Step 4 / Pick up a small section of hair underneath the pinned section and braid it to the bottom in a regular braid, tying off the end with an elastic band.
- Step 5 / Separate off a small horizontal section on the right side, twist it upwards, and pull it through the braid, pinning it on the left side.
- Step 6 / Divide off a small section from the left side, pull it underneath the pinned section in the previous step and pin it against the head.
- Step 7 / Wrap a section from the right side, through the braid pinning in on the left side.
- Step 8 / Twist a section from the left side towards the center of the back of the head and pin it in place.
- Step 9 / Pick up a new piece from the left side, pull it through the braid and pin it on the right.
- Step 10 / Twist a section from the right, pinning it at the center of the back of the head.
- Step 11 / Pull a new section from the left through the braid, pinning it against the head.
- Step 12 / Twist a section from the right side, lay it underneath the previous section and pin it in place.
- Step 13 / Continue this mixed pattern process until reaching the nape of the neck.
- Step 14 / Now pull small sections of hair through the braid, alternating between the left side and right and working all the way to the bottom.
- Step 15 / Curl the ends of the hair with the tapered curling wand and embellish the style with a pretty pin.