A makeup look that easily goes from day to night is a great technique to have in your beauty regime. This tutorial features a great daytime look for running errands and holiday shopping while quickly transitioning into an evening look for dinner out or a holiday party with just a few added extra steps. Whether you… like to go glam all the time or keep it more subtle, these two looks are easily wearable for either day or night depending on your own personal preference. Read on to see how it’s done!
Day to Night Holiday Makeup – Daytime Supplies:
- bareMinerals READY Eyeshadow 4.0 – The Happy Place
- Real Techniques Start Kit Brush Set
- Makeup Geek Pro Blending Fluff Brush
- Smashbox Full Exposure Mascara
- Sigma Pencil – E30 Brush
- Revlon ColorStay Liquid Eyeliner
- Ardell Demi Wispies False Lashes
Daytime Holiday Makeup:
- Dust a light pink or peach eyeshadow shade over the entire lid and up into the crease. I am using ‘Peace‘ from the bareMinerals ‘The Happy Place’ quad and Real Techniques Base Shadow Brush.
- Next, brush a taupe or deep gray shadow into the crease and blend it out with a blending brush. I am using ‘Exhale‘ and the Pro Blending Fluff from Makeup Geek.
- Apply two coats of your favorite mascara to the top lashes and bottom if preferred. I am using Smashbox Full Exposure masacara.
Nighttime Holiday Makeup:
- Beginning where the previous tutorial left off, pat a coppery red shade all over the lids. I am using ‘Imagine‘ from the BareMinerals ‘The Happy Place’ quad and the RT Base Shadow brush.
- Next, trace a deep plum shade into the crease and blend out the edges. I am using ‘Euphoria‘ and a pencil brush from Sigma.
- Add some dimension to the lower lash line by tracing the taupe or deep gray shade along the bottom lashes. I am using ‘Exhale‘ and the RT Accent brush.
- Trace the upper lash line with your favorite liquid liner. I am using Revlon ColorStay Liquid liner in Black Brown.
- Finish by applying your favorite pair of false eyelashes. These are the Ardell Demi Wispies.
Shop the Post – Day to Night Holiday Makeup