Today’s tutorial is another Halloween inspired look! I recently picked up this cute headband and pretty soon this costume idea fell into place. I love this Twisted Mermaid braid and think it could be worn any day of the week as well! It’s created with a bunch of little twists anchored together by a french braid that finishes in a fishtail braid (of course)! Top off the look with a pretty crown and fancy makeup and you can be a fun mermaid princess this coming holiday.
Twisted Mermaid Braid Supplies:
Twisted Mermaid Braid Instructions:
- Step 1 / Begin by brushing through the hair to remove any tangles.
- Step 2 / Divide the hair into three vertical sections, a right and left side, and a middle section at the back of the head.
- Step 3 / Clip the left and right side out of the way with two hair sectioning clips.
- Step 4 / Create a french braid with the middle, back section; braiding the very of the hair into a fishtail braid before tying it off with a clear elastic band.
- Step 5 / Remove the clips from the side pieces.
- Step 6 / Separate off a 1″ section of hair near the top of the hairline on the right side.
- Step 7 / Twist the section together then gently pull on the edges of the twist to make it fuller.
- Step 8 / Lay it across the french braid, towards the left side, and pin down the twist, anchoring it with the french braid.
- Step 9 / Separate off a 1″ section of hair on the left side, repeating the previous steps, twisting it, pulling it apart, and draping it underneath the first twist, pinning it in place.
- Step 10 / Continue picking up alternating sections of hair, twisting them, and draping them over the french braid until all the hair is twisted and pinned.
- Step 11 / With the last section of hair, drape it over the braid before wrapping it a second time around the braid and pin it underneath, at the nape of the neck.
- Step 12 / Add a pretty gold headband and spray the style with a firm hold hairspray to finish off the look.