What lipstick are you wearing in these pictures?
A french braid updo for that special night out or even just when you feel like playing around with your hair. The bun in the back is a definite necessity to have in your hairstyle arsenal and wrapping it with a chic french braid takes it to the next level.
Finish off the look with your favorite gold headband and you are ready to have all your friends asking how you did it. Give it a try and don’t forget to tag me on instagram (@MissySueBlog) so I can see your recreation of the style.
Thanks for following along! You are wonderful!
- Step 1 / With a side part on the right, place a headband about 2 inches back from the hairline.
- Step 2 / Next, separate the hair into three sections, one on each side of the head, and one in the back.
- Step 3 / Take the back section, rolling the hair around into a twist, wrap it into a low bun and secure it in place with hair pins.
- Step 4 / Once the bun is secure, gently pull on the edges to create a fuller bun and help hide the hair pins.
- Step 5 / Pick up the hair on the right side, gently twisting the hair towards the back of the head.
- Step 6 / Wrap the twist over the top of the bun and pin it in place with hair pins.
- Step 7 / With the remaining hair on the left side, pick up a section near the part and divide into three pieces for the french braid.
- Step 8 / Create a french braid by crossing the back strand over the middle, then cross the front strand over the middle. Now bring in sections of hair, incorporating them into the braid as well alternating the side pieces over the middle sections. \
- Step 9 / Once all the hair is incorporated into the braid, angle the braid upwards, over the bun, and braid the rest of the hair into a regular braid.
- Step 10 / Now wrap the braid around the top of the bun and pin it in place.