14 Hairstyles with a Fedora
- Curled with the hat tipped back off the forehead
- Curled with the hat flat on the head
- Side ponytail
- Looped side ponytail. To achieve this look, place the hair in a side ponytail, separate the hair above the band and flip the ponytail up and into the hole. Then pull the hair taut. This video also shows it step by step.
- Fishtail Braid: Here’s a quick video on How to do a fishtail braid.
- Side Dutch braid: How to do a dutch braid
- Laid braid: Here’s a great video on how to do a lace braid.
- Lace braid dutch style: Here’s a helpful video on how to do a lace braid dutch style.
- Two braided pigtails
- Two pigtails
- Two small messy buns: This video shows how I did these buns
- Two big messy buns: This tutorial shows how I did these buns
- Big, side messy bun: See this tutorial for how I did this bun.
- Backwards Heidi braids: To achieve this style, divide the hair down the middle and separate into two even sections. Braid each side and secure with an elastic. Wrap each braid across the back of the head toward the opposite side and pin.
*BONUS: I just now realized I didn’t even do the rope braid! The rope braid would be a perfect 15th edition to this series!
I recently had a reader ask me on instragram if I could give some suggestions for hairstyles with a fedora. She didn’t want to simply wear a single braid down her back so I started brainstorming. When I replied back I gave 2 or 3 favorites that I usually wear myself. A few days later I was thinking about that comment, partly wondering which hairstyles she wore, and which others I would wear if given the chance.
I decided to jump online and see what I could find and low and behold my search came up empty. The only hairstyles I could find were just down or in a ponytail. That seemed really boring. I decided that we need some inspiration for wearing these trendy fedoras! I pulled on my brain storming helmet and got to work figuring out some great hairstyles to wear with a fedora. Now if anyone else goes looking they’ll have some good options to choose from!
Which one is your favorite?