So you want long hair?
1. Take your vitamins & eat a healthy diet – Many people don’t receive the proper vitamins and nutrients that their hair needs to grow healthy and strong. A good supplement like Hair, Skin and Nails will help supply you with the nutrients missing from your diet.
2. Go easy on the styling tools – Using heat on your hair is very damaging. Try to abstain from straightening or blow drying your hair every day if possible. It can also be wise to spend a little extra money on quality hair tools that won’t damage your hair as much.
3. Do a monthly mask – Or as often as twice a week to give your hair some nourishment. Apply a leave-in conditioner after you jump out of the shower. Use heat protecting sprays whenever you are using styling tools. Some good suggestions are Fekkai Damage Protecting Hair Mask, Matrix Sleek Blow Down Leave-in Cream, Pureology Fortifying Heat Spray.
4. Get regular trims – I never quite understood why this was important until I saw this. Trims help get rid of hair that is splitting at the end. Trimming those off keep the hair healthy and reduces the likelihood that you’ll have to cut off far more later on down the road.
5. Avoid bleaching your hair – Dying your hair a darker shade can be nourishing for your hair but bleach strips your hair of its color and weakens it. If you’re a blonde at heart, go lighter slowly over the course of a few months to avoid too much breakage.
6. Go natural – The best way to have gorgeous, healthy hair is to leave it alone. Try to abstain from flat ironing your hair every day and changing the color say from light to dark to light. Ever notice that little girlies always have silky, smooth hair? They’re too young to curl it, dye it, straighten it, everything. That’s the kind of hair we want, right? Lastly, it’s also wise to avoid any hairstyles that are too tight or elastics that tangle easily.
Imma need it.