It’s almost a new year which means new beauty trends! Looking back at 2015, it’s fun to see how the styles changed over the seasons. My personal favorites were black liner to create a great smokey eye or sharp wing, red and berry lipsticks during the Fall and Winter months, and flushed skin that replaced the harsher contouring.
Today I am excited to be sharing a quick and easy makeup tutorial that features one of my favorite trends. This neutral eye and bold lip look can be worn every day of the week! It’s not only easy to do but can easily be transitioned into an even bolder look for night! The best part is that all of the products used in today’s post can be found at your local Walgreens which has a variety of P&G products that are great for creating that everyday look or gorgeous red-carpet glam that is perfect for anytime of the year!
Neutral Eye and Bold Lip instructions:
- Step 1 / Using CoverGirl’s Country Woods palette, dust the lightest shade over the entire lid and up to the brow bone.
- Step 2 / Pick up shade #4 and sweep this over the lid up to the crease.
- Step 3 / Deepen up the crease with shade #2.
- Step 4 / Line the lower lashline with shade #1, smuding it slightly it with your ring finger to blend it.
- Step 5 / Apply several coats of CoverGirl’s Plumpify blastPRO mascara.
- Step 6 / Lastly, add some color to the lips with CoverGirl’s Outlast lipstick in shade #945 Magnetic Mauve.
Not only does Walgreens help you look good by offering these great beauty brands, but you can also feel good about shopping there! Walgreen’s supports efforts like Get a Shot Give a Shot and Vitamin Angels, so when you purchase P&G products at Walgreens you’re helping a company continue to provide vital resources to those in need around the globe!
Looking ahead into 2016, here are 8 of the biggest beauty trends that will be hot in the next year!
- Blue – Statement liner in cobalt shades or a wash of powdery blue eyeshadow across the lids.
- Bold Lips – Whether it’s pink, orange, red, or oxblood, a bold lip paired with a bold brow is always a chic look.
- Glitter – Dust the lids with a loose glitter and coat those nails with a fun, glossy polish.
- Rope Braid – A simple ponytail, divided into two sections, twisted together and tied off with an elastic band.
- French Manicure – From the classic white smile to the angular oxblood tip, this trend is going modern with every shade you can imagine.
- Hair Accessories – A basic headband over tousled waves or jeweled combs in undone updos, accessories are a easy way to make an unfussy hairstyle more glamorous.
- Fringe – Whether it’s straight across bangs or an edgy undercut, let your personality shine through this next year; all it takes is some serious confidence.
- Glossy skin – Skip the powder and use a dewey foundation or go all in applying a light layer of vaseline to the cheekbones and cupid’s bow.
Another thing I wanted to mention is the Red Carpet Twitter party happening on January 6th at 8 pm EST! Join us and P&G Beauty (makers of Olay, Pantene, Secret, COVERGIRL and more) as we dish (aka Tweet) about the stars’ best and brightest looks. Hair, makeup, and general gorgeousness await!
Now let’s do an awesome giveaway shall we!
Let me know which beauty trend was your favorite from 2015 and you will be entered for a chance to win a $75 gift card to Walgreens plus all of these amazing products!
Use the rafflecopter below to enter!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Share the love by Tweeting this out: Glam up and join us for the Peoples Choice Awards Twitter Party! 1/8/16 at 8pm EST
#RocktheRed This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Procter & Gamble/Walgreens. The opinions and text are all mine.