amazing skills for hair styling
Adding some pretty braids to a traditional ponytail is a quick and easy way to dress it up. The holidays are right around the corner and now’s the time to be thinking about how you will be styling your hair for that upcoming party. This Double Braid Wrapped Ponytail is quick and easy and doesn’t require any tricky braiding. There is a little extra step with the ponytail however which adds a little extra something to a traditional look, taking it up a notch for a special occasion or really just any day of the week!
Double Braid Wrapped Ponytail Supplies:
Double Braid Wrapped Ponytail Instructions:
- Step 1 / Brush through the hair to remove any tangles. Then separate off a small section of hair at the crown, about two inches back from the hairline. Twist the hair together towards the right side and lay it against the head.
- Step 2 / Slide bobby pins horizontally into the twist on the right and left side to secure it in place.
- Step 3 / Divide off two small sections of hair from the part down to the left and right ears. Bring the rest of the hair at the back into a ponytail tying it directly underneath the twisted portion.
- Step 4 / Braid the small section on the right side into a regular three strand braid.
- Step 5 / Wrap the braid over the hair band of the ponytail and continue wrapping until you reach the end. Then pin it down with a bobby pin, sliding the pin underneath the ponytail to hide it.
- Step 6 / Braid the section on the left side into another three strand braid.
- Step 7 / Wrap it over the ponytail, similar to the previous step, pinning down the end.
- Step 8 / Gently loosen the sides of the braid to make it more full. Spray the style with hairspray and curl the ends of the ponytail with a 1″ curling iron.