Shopping for a bra can be one of the most stressful things a woman has to do. Finding the perfect bra that doesn’t bunch or ride up can be a struggle. I know I have certainly had my fair share of trying on fifty bras only to walk out of the dressing room empty handed and completely frustrated. Add into that the fact that our weight always seems to be shifting. Whether we are pregnant or nursing, nibbling on treats during the holidays, sweating it off during the summer, or simply growing older and developing into our natural bodies, our bodies are always changing and with that comes the altering of our underthings as well. I love having a bra that hides perfectly under t-shirts, which are my go-to closet staples. I also love finding pretty one with small details like lace trim or a pretty bow for wearing during date night. Regardless of the occasion, whichever bra I reach for, it always needs to feel comfortable and make me feel good at the same time.
Luckily, Vanity Fair® has a wide assortment of bras that fit into every experience we encounter as women. Their new line of bras makes finding the right one, at the right price, easier than ever. Not only that, Vanity Fair® is traveling around the U.S., fitting women for more shape and support. Plus, for every fitting they do, they will be donating a fabulous new bra to Dress for Success® so they can help women who are eagerly searching for jobs get the clothing and support they need to land one and keep it.
Here is a fabulous little Q&A that you can read through to find out if your bra is currently the right fit for comfort.
Bra Fit Q&A
- Does the band ride up your back? If yes, your bra is either too large or needs to be tightened. If it’s still too loose after you’ve adjusted the band, it’s time to go down a band size (and possibly up a cup).
- Does your breast tissue spill over or bulge under the cup? If yes, your cups are too small and you need to go up a cup size.
- Do the cups pucker or gap? If your breasts don’t fill out the cups, your bra is too large.
- Do your straps slip and slide? If you’ve adjusted your straps and they still fall off, either the band is too big or your bra has lost its elasticity. If you have sloped shoulders, opt for a racerback bra or a style with convertible straps.
- Do your straps dig into your shoulders? If so, try loosening the straps. If that doesn’t solve the problem, it’s likely the cups are too small and you need to go up a cup size.
- Does the wire poke and prod? If so, you’re wearing a cup size that’s too small.
Tip: Because bra bands tend to stretch over time, your bra should fit firmly on the last hook when new.
For 100 years, Vanity Fair® lingerie has been the brand that women look to for undeniable support, lift and a little bit of luxury. Making style and comfort effortless for every woman, Vanity Fair offers feminine and beautiful lingerie available in styles that are trend-right and feature sleek fabrics with clean lines for a smooth look under clothes. With sophisticated color palettes and minimalistic prints, Vanity Fair® bras and panties are great for everyday wear.
“Women Who Do™” Campaign: The “Women Who Do” initiative is a powerfully uplifting campaign dedicated to praising and celebrating everyday triumphs of women everywhere while highlighting the brand’s long-standing commitment to producing quality, luxurious lingerie at an affordable price-point. Ultimately, Vanity Fair® hopes to spark a movement that inspires women to support each other and live their lives according to what makes them happy.
Dress for Success Partnership: Dress for Success® – an organization dedicated to promoting the economic independence of disadvantaged women by providing professional attire, career development tools and a network of support– noticed a need for more intimate apparel to provide its clients. Vanity Fair® saw a welcome opportunity to lend its expertise, resources and extensive product offering to help replenish the lingerie of the non-profit organization. Through this partnership, Vanity Fair® hopes to provide women with the support they need to be successful.
The Vanity Fair LiftTOUR: On July 17, 2014, Vanity Fair® and Dress for Success kicked off the national LiftTOUR – a nationwide bus tour with a focus on fit and philanthropy. The LiftTOUR will travel across the country conducting bra fittings at major retail locations, and for every woman fit, Vanity Fair® will donate a brand-new bra to the local Dress for Success Affiliate. Between July and the end of October, the LiftTOUR will plan to stop at 70 different locations in 12 major U.S. markets.
What is your favorite Vanity Fair® bra? Tell me in the comments for a chance to win a $100 Visa gift card.
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
- Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
- Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
- Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
- For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older. Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. The notification email will come directly from BlogHer via the [email protected] email address. You will have 72 hours to respond; otherwise a new winner will be selected.
The Official Rules are available here.
This sweepstakes runs from 9/8 -10/19/2014.
Be sure to visit the Vanity Fair brand page on BlogHer.com where you can read other bloggers’ posts!