I use this technique for 90% of my buns so if you are one of those ladies who has been requesting a more detailed tutorial of my bun, this is it!
It takes seconds to do and creates a perfect donut without even needing a donut! When everyone started using donuts in their buns, it took me months to finally purchase one myself because I already knew this little trick and never really needed one.
I hope you find it helpful though and share it with your friends!
- Start by brushing all the hair straight back and into a high ponytail.
- Tie it off with an elastic band.
- Take a section of hair, right at the front, and separate it from the rest of the hair.
- Grab a piece of the hair elastic and pull it away to create a gap.
- Wrap the section of hair through the elastic band creating a loop.
- Take another section of hair and loop it through the hair band again.
- Continue wrapping sections of hair until all of it is looped.
- Grab the center of the bun and pull it outwards, tightening the band, and creating a bigger bun.
- Adjust the shape of the bun so it is proportional.
- Finish by smoothing down any flyaways with hairspray.