Pairing a cozy cardigan with a fun dress has always been one of my favorite outfit pairings. You can see see other posts here, here and here. I love this cardigan because not only does it have pockets but cute bell sleeves too. I think this is the fourth or fifth dress in this style that I’ve purchased because they are so flattering and transitional throughout the seasons. The weather here in Arizona has been so mild that I find I don’t need a coat until later in to the evening. You really can’t beat that for January!
Sweater / Dress / Boots / MK Bag (similar)
I’ve been seeing this stacked fishtail and mini braid combo everywhere! Since it’s always in the back of my mind I thought it’d be fun to share how I would style it. Headband braids are such a great way to add a little something extra to your favorite curls or waves. For this look I decided to flat iron mine and really love how easily it dressed up my straight locks. This type of braid would also transition easily into a handful of other hairstyles. If there’s another version that you’d love to see in a tutorial then be sure to let me know in the comments section below!
Stacked Fishtail and Mini Braid Supplies:
Stacked Fishtail and Mini Braid Instructions:
For this hairstyle I started by brushing through clean hair before running a straightener over the hair to smooth down any natural waves.
- Step 1 / Start by parting the hair on the right side. Then divide off a small section on the heavy side of the part, about 1″ back from the hairline, and braid this section into a three strand braid.
- Step 2 / Criss-cross two bobby pins over the end of the braid and clip it out of the way.
- Step 3 / Pick up a 2″ section of hair directly under the previous and create a dutch fishtail braid. Continue bringing in hair until it reaches the temple. Then continue the braid down to the ends.
- Step 4 / Go back through the braid and pull on the edges to make it wider and more full.
- Step 5 / Wrap the braid around the back of the head. Divide off a small section of hair underneath the top hair of the crown. Tie the braid to this small section with an elastic band.
- Step 6 / Let down the original three strand braid and lay it right over the center of the fishtail braid.
- Step 7 / Pin the mini braid where the fishtail braid ends. Lay the hair from the crown over the ends to hide it.
- Step 8 / Spray the style with hairspray to set it. Smooth down the sides of the braid to lay down any flyaways.