I was cleaning out my computer the other day and came across this old video, TMI Tag. I made it a year ago and really enjoyed making it but when it came time to post it, I completely chickened out. It’s been collecting dust on my hard drive ever since.
It’s easy to be the girl who just does hair but really stepping out there and showing a more personal side has always been a little scary. I love having this video as a fun trip down memory lane so I decided to take a leap and step out from behind the “hair.”
I have gotten a few requests recently to post a Q&A video. I think if this goes well then I could possibly do one of those next. Let me know and I hope you enjoy this one!
I am so excited to be sharing Cohen’s newborn pictures! They turned out so great and I absolutely love them. As soon as I found out I was pregnant I knew I was going to have his newborn pictures taken like this. I have always loved this style and wanted my own little babe all wrapped up, sound asleep in a soft, cozy setting so I could remember him this way. The time goes fast and he is getting so much bigger already.
These were taken by Harlow Moon Photography and Ashleigh was amazing. She was so patient with Cohen, gently coaxing him back to the sleep whenever he woke up and was so calm during the entire shoot. She did our maternity pictures too and I am so happy with how everything turned out.
Cohen has hit the one month mark and I can’t believe how fast the time has passed. Of course, when you’re counting in weeks it makes sense that it would go by quickly.
Life with a new baby has certainly taken some getting used to. Luckily, from day one this little nugget has slept through the night. It is seriously crazy and I have to remind AJ that we definitely lucked out.
The very first night he slept from 2 AM until 10 AM. Now with the time change it’s about 10 PM until 6 AM. Of course, 6 in the morning is pretty early in my book but I’ll take all those glorious hours of sleep, 6 AM or not.
AJ has been an absolute dream because the first two weeks he handled the really early morning hours making bottles and letting me sleep in until 9 AM. Now that he’s back at work I’m on mommy duty most of the time. He still comes home from work though and immediately takes the boy from me, giving me a few hours of arm freedom.
Cohen has been a really great baby. He randomly smiles at times and it is literally my favorite thing. His little baby coos are so cute too and I really need to record on video somehow.
I change his clothes about 3 times a day, haha, and he can’t stand to be wet so sometimes 3 diaper changes in one hour. It is so fun to cuddle with him though and I could stare at him sleep all day long, haha!
He’s not too enthused about binkys but we’re getting there. I really like the idea of a substitute for eating because I am pretty positive he would eat all day long if I let him.
I’m not really sure what else to say, haha! I want to document all the little things but I am completely blank.
During bath time he is very stoic. He just looks up at me quite unsure about what is going on, much like his week 1 picture. He doesn’t seem to love it or hate it so I tell him the bath is nice and warm whenever he’s in it so hopefully he’ll grow to enjoy it instead of dread it.
I’ve braved my way to the store with him a few times and it is quite stressful, I won’t lie. On a trip to Target, he started to fuss and I just busted out of there as quickly as I could.
The other day in Walmart I carried him in his carseat but wore a wrap just in case. When he started crying part way through I put him into the wrap and bounced him straight through the check out line. I’d say that trip was a success but I basically avoid going to the store if I can help it.
I can’t wait until it gets warmer and I can take him out without being worried about bundling him up. It’ll be fun to see how he grows and changes. I literally can’t wait to do more things with him and teach him about everything!
10 New Baby Essentials
- Baby Bottles // Whether you are breast feeding/pumping or formula feeding, baby bottles are an absolute must. This really goes without saying. I’m sure not all bottles are created equal but I’ve really liked ours so far.
- Bottle Warmer // This has been an absolute dream to have. We didn’t get a bottle warmer for the first week or so and heating up water in the microwave then waiting for the bottle itself to warm up felt like forever when Cohen was having a melt down. Bottle warmers are super fast and ultra convenient; especially at 4 AM.
- Bottle Drying Rack // This is really convenient to have because bottles in a regular drying rack tip over and the nipple lids always seem to slide out onto the counter. This really makes keeping all the supplies in one place super nice.
- Soothie // Cohen is actually not a really big fan of these yet. He acts like they’re a decoy for a bottle, which I guess they are but they are convenient when he randomly wakes up mid-nap and we can slide one in his mouth to help him fall back asleep.
- Desitin // Recently he had a red spot and this stuff cleared it right up. It wasn’t terrible but he acted a little more upset than usual when we’d change him so this was really nice to have on hand.
- Shout Stain Spray // This has been a laundry lifesaver! Who even knew? I sure didn’t but received some at a shower and after Cohen’s first explosion, this stuff got the stain right out as if it never happened.
- Sound Spa Machine // I purchased this on a recommendation and am not quite sure how helpful it really is for Cohen but I personally have come to love it. I switch it to the rain setting and find it so soothing that I actually sleep better with it on.
- Baby Swing // A few friends told me right off the bat to get a swing and it has been really nice to help calm him down when he gets really fussy.
- Car Seat // This kind of goes without saying too but I love our carseat because the base straps into the car and then his carrier just clicks into the top. It’s nice putting him in because it’s really fast and there’s no searching for a strap or belt.
- Baby Carrier // I have actually been dying to get an ergobaby carrier. I have a few different kinds but there was such a fuss about babies sitting in a natural position so I knew I’d have to splurge for one of these. I actually saw a girl in Target wearing one and randomly asked her how she liked it. Of course, she gave it a glowing recommendation so that sealed the deal.