Even though it’s Spring, which usually means pastels and light washes of color for everyday makeup, I am always drawn to bold, smokey eyes. With that in mind I wanted to feature a look that would be wearable for day but transition easily for night. This light, bronze smokey eye makeup is easy to recreate and completely wearable any day of the week.
Bronze Smokey Eye Supplies:
- Nourishing Primer
- Transparent powder
- MAC Soft Brown
- Lorac Unzipped Palette
- Brown Eyeliner
- False Lashes
- Lower Lash Mascara
Begin by prepping the skin. I love to apply my moisturizer followed by a great primer before beginning. Next, I add a concealer to the lids and dust a light transparent powder over the time to prime the eyes for the eyeshadow.
Bronze Smokey Eye Tutorial:
- Step 1 / Using a light brown shade, dust this into the crease to work as a transition shade; I used MAC ‘soft brown’. This step is important because it helps blend the colors placed on the lid with the light shade that usually goes directly under the brow.
- Step 2 / Pat a shimmery brown shade on the lids using a base shadow brush. I am using Unattainable from the Lorac Unzipped palette.
- Step 3 / Next blend a medium brown shade onto the outer half of the lids directing the color in a triangle shape so the inner half stays light. This shade is Uncensored from the Lorac palette.
- Step 4 / Now apply a deeper brown shade on along the lash line and in the outer ‘v’ to add a bit more dimensions. I am using Untamed from the same palette.
- Step 5 / Next line the upper waterline with a brown eyeliner pencil.
- Step 6 / Apply several coats of mascara and apply false lashes if so desired.
- Step 7 / Then dust Unspoken along the lower lash line and Unbridled in the outer half, from the same palette, blending the colors together.
- Step 8 / Apply a few coats of mascara to the bottom lashes to finish off the look.