It’s officially summer and scorching outside! Today’s tutorial is one of my favorite hairstyles for the hot, summer heat. It’s heatless and a great way to get the hair up and off the neck. Wear it to the pool, lake, gym, wherever your summer takes you. xo, Missy
Double Dutch Crown Braid Supplies:
Double Crown Braid Instructions:
- Step 1 / Begin by parting the hair on the right side.
- Step 2 / Create a zigzag part down the back of the head, dividing the hair into two sections, a left and right side.
- Step 3 / Clip away the right section of hair.
- Step 4 / With the left section, pick up a section near the hairline and divide it into three sections.
- Step 5 / Cross the side strands under the middle section for the first stitch of the braid.
- Step 6 / Continue crossing the side strands under the middle strand and begin incorporating new section into the braid.
- Step 7 / Continue braiding the hair, incorporating hair from the left side of the head into the braid until it reaches the back of the head and all of the hair is brought in.
- Step 8 / Continue braiding the section down to the ends and slide a bobby pin over the bottom.
- Step 9 / Let down the hair on the right side and repeat the same steps braiding this section into a second dutch braid.
- Step 10 / Once all of the hair is added into the braid, continue braiding the section down to the ends before securing the bottom with some bobby pins.
- Step 11 / Spray the braids with hairspray and then go back over each one, gently pulling on the edges to make them look wider and more full.
- Step 12 / Take the braid from the left side and wrap it underneath the right braid.
- Step 13 / Slide some bobby pins into the middle of the braid, pushing them along the length of the braid.
- Step 14 / Pin down the ends of the braids at the top of the head, removing the bobby pins that were at the end of the braid.
- Step 15 / Then pin up the braid on the right side, laying it along the top of the left braid, sliding bobby pins into the middle and securing the end of the braid at the top of the head.