Scrolling through instagram the other day, I came across a hairstyle similar to this one and instantly fell in love. I couldn’t resist recreating it for a tutorial. I love the texture of the curly hair in the bun and the edgy vibe of the braids. This would be such a fun style for summer especially if you have naturally curly hair. What do you think? Let me know in the comment. Thanks so much for reading! xo, Missy
Triple Side Braids High Bun Supplies:
Triple Side Braids High Bun Instructions:
- Step 1 / Begin by dividing out a 1″ section of hair above the left temple, towards the crown of the head, and clip down the outside hair.
- Step 2 / Pick up a section close to the hairline, divide it into three smaller pieces and cross the side strands under the middle strand for one stitch before bringing new hair into the braid.
- Step 3 / Cross the left strand under the middle then bring in a section.
- Step 4 / Now cross the right strand under and bring in a section. The smaller the sections, the easier you’ll be able to see the braid.
- Step 5 / Continue working, repeating those steps, until all of the hair from this section is added into the braid.
- Step 6 / Once the braid reaches the back of the head, stop adding in hair, and just braid the section a little further down before sliding a bobby pin over the bottom.
- Step 7 / Now divide out a new section of hair below the first braid, above the left ear, and clip down the bottom hair.
- Step 8 / Repeat those same steps and create a second dutch braid with the new section of hair.
- Step 9 / Now repeat those same steps and create a third dutch braid with a new section behind the left ear.
- Step 10 / With all three braids done, comb all of the hair into a high ponytail and tie it together with a hair band.
- Step 11 / Then remove the bobby pins from the ends of the braids.
- Step 12 / With a 1/2″ curling wand, curl all of the hair in the ponytail wrapping small sections around the wand until it feels warm to the touch before releasing it.
- Step 13 / Once all of the hair is curled, spread the curls around the hair band and randomly pin them in place to form a bun at the top of the head.
- Step 14 / Once the bun is all pinned, as an extra step, clip in some barrettes under the right side of the bun.