Today’s tutorial is three, easy hairstyles that include a half up, low bun, and ponytail. The concept behind these styles is one of my favorites because the first one leads into the second and third styles. Basically you have to do the first one to do the second and third so it’s perfect for whatever you’ve got planned for that day. Quick transition from down to up. What do you think?!
3 Twisted Hairstyles Supplies:
3 Twisted Hairstyles Instructions:
- Step 1 / For the half updo, begin by dividing out a section of hair at the crown. Twist the section slightly and pin it at the back of the head.
- Step 2 / Now pick up a large section of hair above the right ear, twist this upwards, laying it underneath the crown section and pin it on the left side.
- Step 3 / Then go back over the twist, pulling on the edges to make it fuller.
- Step 4 / Then repeat those steps, picking up a large section above the left ear and twisting the hair together.
- Step 5 / Wrap the twist underneath the right one and pin it on the right side.
- Step 6 / Then go back over the twist, pulling on the edges to make it fuller.
- Step 7 / Set the style with a medium-hold hairspray.
- Step 1 / For the low bun, begin where the previous hairstyle stopped and gather the rest of the hair at the nape of the neck.
- Step 2 / Wrap a hair band over the hair but on the last wrap only pull the hair part way through to create a loop.
- Step 3 / Take the ends sticking out and divide them into two sections, twisting them together on the left and right side of the bun.
- Step 4 / Bring the sections over the top of the bun, wrapping them around the bun and then pin down the twists with bobby pins.
- Step 5 / Set the style with a firm-hold hairspray
- Step 1 / For the ponytail, begin where the half updo finished.
- Step 2 / Gather the rest of the hair placing it underneath the twists and tie it into a ponytail with a hair band.
- Step 3 / Divide out a small piece of hair, wrap it around the hair band and pin it underneath with a bobby pin.
- Step 4 / Set the style with a medium-hold hairspray.