Happy Saturday! Valentine’s Day is coming up, so if you’ve been looking for a great hairstyle to wear you should give this one a try!
I actually meant to post this style over the holidays but since I didn’t get it up in time I think it’d be great for V Day! Do you celebrate Valentine’s day? We used to stay in and make fondue every year. It’s one of my favorite meals and Cohen’s never had it so I’m sure it’ll be even more fun with a toddler.
Thanks so much for reading! xo, Missy
Sideswept French Braid Supplies:
Sideswept French Braid Instructions:
- Step 1 / Begin by parting the hair on the right side.
- Step 2 / Then divide out any hair to frame the face.
- Step 3 / Pick up a section on the left side of the part and divide it into three pieces for the french braid.
- Step 4 / Cross the right strand over the middle, then cross the left strand over the middle.
- Step 5 / Then cross the right strand over the middle, pick up a new section of hair and cross it over and into the middle strand.
- Step 6 / Cross the left strand over the middle, pick up a new section and cross it over the middle strand as well.
- Step 7 / Repeat those steps continuing the french braid, crossing the side strands over the middle strand while adding new sections into the braid until it reaches the left ear.
- Step 8 / Now stop adding in sections to the left side of the braid and only bring in hair to the top side of the braid.
- Step 9 / Continue the braid angling it down towards the left side of the nape of the neck.
- Step 10 / Once the braid reaches the nape of the neck, bring the rest of the hair over the left shoulder, take one small section from the very bottom of the hairline and add this into the braid to hold the rest of the hair over the shoulder.
- Step 11 / Now braid the hair a little further down and then bring it underneath the rest of the hair, towards the face.
- Step 12 / Take a small section of hair from underneath the left ear and tie it together with the braid using an elastic band.
- Step 13 / Tighten the elastic underneath the ear and this will hide the end of the braid while keeping the rest of the hair over the shoulder.
- Step 14 / Then just set everything in place with hairspray.