It’s a new year and I’m not ready for the holidays to be over yet. I’ve had such a blast the last few weeks spending time with family and taking time off from this blog. It’s been so great to disconnect and spend time in the real world. Sometimes it’s easy to let all those little apps on our phones take over all of our free time. I’ve been trying to focus on friends and family and it’s made everyday so much more exciting.
Today’s tutorial is a hairstyle I recently shared on instagram. It’s a quick way to add a little something extra special to your everyday curls. I love wearing my hair down but always want my hair out of my face. Dutch fishtail braids add an extra pop so I hope you give this braid a try.
Half Up Dutch Fishtail Braid Supplies:
Half Up Dutch Fishtail Baid Instructions:
- Step 1 / Start by parting the hair on the right side.
- Step 2 / Pick up a section near the hairline and divide it into three sections for the braid.
- Step 3 / Cross the right strand under the middle, then cross the left strand under the middle.
- Step 4 / Combine the middle and right strand together and take a small piece from the right side and cross it under to the left.
- Step 5 / Then pick up a new section and cross it under to the left side.
- Step 6 / Take a small section from the left, cross it under to the right. Pick up a new section and cross it under to the right side.
- Step 7 / Repeat those steps continuing the braid until you’ve brought in hair from above the left ear.
- Step 8 / Now only add in new sections to the right side of the braid from along the part line.
- Step 9 / Once hair is brought in from the right side of the hairline, stop adding in new hair and just continue braiding the section a little further down.
- Step 10 / Then go back over the braid and pull on the edges to make the braid wider and more full.
- Step 11 / Tie off the end of the braid with a clear elastic band.
- Step 12 / Set the style with hairspray.