We celebrated Cohen’s birthday this week. I still can’t believe my baby’s growing up. It’s so fun to sit and talk to him and listen to the nonsense he comes up everyday. He’s always so curious about everything and asks why a nail file is called a nail file or why he can’t put shoes on the bed. It’s so cute. I love his inquisitive nature and wish I could bottle it all up so I can go back and do it all over again.
Double Dutch Braids Updo Supplies:
Double Dutch Braids Updo Instructions:
- Step 1 / Begin by parting the hair on the right side.
- Step 2 / Pick up a section on the right side of the part and divide it into three pieces for the dutch braid.
- Step 3 / Cross the left strand under the middle, then cross the right strand under the middle.
- Step 4 / Then cross the left strand under the middle, pick up a new section of hair under or close to the braid and cross it under the middle strand.
- Step 5 / Now cross the right strand under the middle, pick up a new section and cross it under to the middle strand.
- Step 6 / Repeat those steps crossing the side strands under the middle strand while bringing new sections into the braid. *When bringing in hair to the left side of the braid, take sections that are under or close to the braid so the hair at the crown is left out.
- Step 7 / Once the braid reaches the right ear, stop adding in new sections and braid the hair a little further down and slide a bobby pin over the bottom.
- Step 8 / Repeat those same steps creating a second dutch braid with the hair on the left side, keeping the hair on the right side of the braid close to the braid so as to leave out the hair from the crown of the head.
- Step 9 / Once the braid reaches the left ear, stop adding new sections into the braid and continue braiding the section a little further down before sliding a bobby pin over the end.
- Step 10 / Now combine the rest of the hair and tie it into a bun.
- Step 11 / Wrap a hair elastic half way over the hair then twist the hand, twisting the hair at the same time and then wrap the elastic once more over the hair to create a bun.
- Step 12 / Then take the ends left sticking out and tuck them back into the elastic to create a loop.
- Step 13 / Now take the right braid and create a gap in the braid above the bun and then pull the left braid through the gap.
- Step 14 / Then pin the braids in place and remove the bobby pins from the ends of the braids.
- Step 15 / Take the ends on the left side and drape them over the bun, pinning the hair on the right side.
- Step 16 / Then take the ends on the right, drape them over the bun and pin them on the left side.
- Step 17 / Now pin any extra pieces on the sides of the bun.
- Step 18 / Then go back over the braids, pulling on the edges to make them wider.
- Step 19 / Then pull on the hair at the crown to add volume.
- Step 20 / Set the style in place with a firm-hold hairspray.