Hello! I feel like it’s been forever since my last post. I’ve decided to try posting my tutorials on Mondays instead of Saturday mornings. I just needed a change of pace but I’m not sure how I feel about it yet. I loved getting everything done and posted before the weekend and now I worry about it all weekend, eek! Is there a specific day that you check in for the new tutorial or are you used to seeing them on Saturdays? Let me know! I’m trying to figure out this new schedule (: Thanks for reading! xo, Missy
Double Twisted Low Bun Supplies:
Double Twisted Low Bun Instructions:
- Step 1 / With the hair parted on the right side, divide out a section of hair on the left side from the part down to the left ear and clip the forward hair.
- Step 2 / Then divide out a similar section on the right side from the part down to the right ear.
- Step 3 / Now divide out a section of hair at the crown of the head, twist it together and pin it against the back of the head.
- Step 4 / Take the hair underneath the pinned section and tie this into a low ponytail, only pulling the hair halfway through to form a loop.
- Step 5 / Then take small sections of hair from the loop and bring it up to the head and pin it in place with bobby pins.
- Step 6 / Then tuck the hair sticking out from the bottom into the hair band to form the bottom portion of the bun.
- Step 7 / Let down the front section of hair and divide it into two sections, a top and a bottom.
- Step 8 / With the bottom section of hair, divide this into two sections and cross the left strand over the right while adding in new sections on the left side.
- Step 9 /Pull on the edges of the twist to make it fuller and continue the twist down to the ends.
- Step 10 / Lay the twist over the top of the bun and pin it in place with bobby pins.
- Step 11 / With the remaining hair from this front section pick up a piece near the part and divide it into two sections for the second twist.
- Step 12 / Cross the left strand over the right strand before adding a new section of hair into both pieces.
- Step 13 / Then cross the left strand over the right strand again and repeat those steps continuing the twist until all of the hair from this front section is brought in.
- Step 14 / Continue the twist down to the ends and then go back and pull on the edges to make it fuller.
- Step 15 / Lay the twist over the bun and pin it in place with bobby pins.
- Step 16 / Now create a third twist with the hair on the right side, lay it over the bun and pin it in place with bobby pins.
- Step 17 / Then pin any extra pieces left out into the bun.
- Step 18 / Spray the style with hairspray and smooth down any flyaways.