Who’s ready for another Halloween tutorial? There are so many costumes that focus on the makeup so for today’s video I wanted to create a hairstyle that matched the costume too.
Lions are the ‘King of the Jungle,’ right? What better way to make a crown for a Lioness than with a half up Dutch braid? I especially love the really tight curls and think they take the lion mane up a notch. What do you think? Let me know in the comments below! Thanks so much for watching! xoxo, Missy
Lioness Half Up Crown Braid Supplies:
Lioness Half Up Crown Braid Instructions:
- Step 1 / Start by curling small sections of hair with a 1/2″ curling wand, starting at the nape of neck and working up to the top of the head.
- Step 2 / With the hair parted on the right side, pick up a section on the heavy side of the part and divide it into three sections for the braid.
- Step 3 / Begin a dutch braid by crossing the right strand under the middle and then crossing the left strand under the middle.
- Step 4 / Then cross the right strand under the middle, pick up a new section and cross it under and into the middle strand.
- Step 5 / Then cross the left strand under the middle, pick up a new section and cross it under and into the middle strand as well.
- Step 6 / Repeat those steps continuing the dutch braid down the left side of the head adding it hair to both sides of the braid.
- Step 7 / Once hair is brought in above the left ear, continue the braid around the back of my head, adding in hair from the top of the head and from underneath the braid.
- Step 8 / When the braid reaches around to the right side of the head and hair from the hairline is brought in, then braid the rest of the section to the bottom.
- Step 9 / Lay the end of the braid behind where the braid began and pin it in place with bobby pins.
- Step 10 / Then go back over the braid and pull on the edges to make it wider and more full.