If you voted on Instagram for a tutorial of this hairstyle, then I’m excited to say it’s finally here!
Whenever I’m having a hard time coming up with new styles I always resort to doubling up past tutorials. Double dutch braids, double fishtail braids, you name it.
Today’s look is a new favorite and something I haven’t seen done before so hopefully it’s new to you too! Let me know what you think! Thanks so much for reading. xo, Missy
Double Side French Braids Supplies:
Double Side French Braids Instructions:
- Step 1 / Begin by parting the hair on the right side.
- Step 2 / Divide out a section of hair on the heavy side of the part from the part line down to an inch behind the left ear and clip the forward hair out of the way.
- Step 3 / Now pick up a small section, behind the forward section, for the first braid and divide it into three sections.
- Step 4 / Begin a French braid crossing the right strand over the middle then the left strand over the middle.
- Step 5 / Now cross the right strand over the middle, pick up a new section of hair and cross it into the middle strand.
- Step 6 / Then cross the left strand over the middle, pick up a new section and cross it into the middle strand.
- Step 7 / Repeat those steps continuing the french braid, crossing the side strands over the middle strand while adding in hair to both sides. *On the right side of the braid, bring in all of the hair from the right side of the head, sweeping it around the back of the head. and continue down towards the nape of the neck.
- Step 8 / Once all of the hair from this section is brought into the braid, continue braiding the hair a little further down and tie off the end with an elastic band.
- Step 9 / Let down the front section of hair, along the hair line, and begin a second french braid.
- Step 10 / Begin the french braid by crossing the right strand over the middle then crossing the left strand over t he middle.
- Step 11 / Then create two stitches of a french braid, adding in new sections on both sides of the braid.
- Step 12 / Now continue the french braid but stop adding in sections on the right side of the braid and only bring in hair to the left side of the braid, from along the hairline.
- Step 13 / Continue the braid down the left side of the head until all of the hair is brought into the braid.
- Step 14 / Now braid the section a little further down and tie off the end with an elastic band.
- Step 15 / Slide in bobby pins along the front braid to pin it against the head.
- Step 16 / Then go back over the braid pulling on the edges, as well as the looped pieces in the braids, to make them wider.
- Step 17 / Take the end of the first braid, wrap it around the bottom of the back braid and pin it underneath with a bobby pin.
- Step 18 / Then go back over the bottom of the back braid and pull on the edges to make it wider and more full. Then set everything in place with hairspray.