Today’s tutorial is this pretty half up hairstyle inspired by @svglamour on instagram. I love looking through pictures of hairstyles and always feel so inspired by the different hairstylists I follow on instagram and pinterest. It’s so amazing to see everyone’s unique styles and perspectives on hair. It has always been so fun for me to share my passion for hair and I love seeing it from so many other people as well.
On another note, Halloween is coming up soon and I’m planning a few tutorials. Let me know in the comments below if there’s a specific Halloween tutorial you’d love to see! Thanks so much for reading! xo, Missy
Half Up Dutch Fishtail and Twist Braid Supplies:
- Step 1 / Begin by parting the hair on the right side.
- Step 2 / Divide out a 3″ section of hair on the left side near the hair line and clip this out of the way.
- Step 3 / Pick up a small section behind the section clipped away and divide this into three pieces.
- Step 4 / Begin a dutch braid by crossing the right strand under the middle and then cross the left under the middle.
- Step 5 / Combine the middle and right strand together, take a small piece from the right side and cross it under to the left side.
- Step 6 / Pick up a new section of hair and cross it under to the left side.
- Step 7 / Then cross a small section from the left side under to the right, pick up a new section of hair and cross it under the right.
- Step 8 / Repeat those steps continuing the dutch fishtail braid until it reaches the left temple.
- Step 9 / Stop adding new sections into the braid and just continue the fishtail braid down to the ends.
- Step 10 / Then slide a bobby pin over the bottom so it doesn’t unravel.
- Step 11 / Let down the front hair that was clipped away and pick up a section near the part and divide it into two sections.
- Step 12 / Cross the left strand over the right strand.
- Step 13 / Add a new section of hair into both pieces, twist each section towards the face and then cross the left strand over the right strand.
- Step 14 / Repeat those steps until all of the hair from this section is brought into the braid.
- Step 15 / Then continue the braid down to the bottom of the section and slide a bobby pin over the bottom.
- Step 16 / Now pick up a section of hair on the right side of the head, above the ear and create a second twist braid, adding in hair from the top of the head.
- Step 17 / Take the fishtail braid and pull on the edges to make the braid wider and more full.
- Step 18 / Bring the braid around the back of the head and pin it in place with bobby pins.
- Step 19 / Take the braid on the right side of the head, lay it underneath the fishtail braid and pin it in place with bobby pins.
- Step 20 / Pull on the bottom of the twist to make it look bigger.
- Step 21 / Then take the twist braid on the left side, lay it underneath the fishtail braid and pin it in place with bobby pins.
- Step 22 / Go back over the braid, pulling on the bottom to make the twist bigger.