A few weeks back I posted a picture of this hairstyle on instagram. I love asking you guys which hairstyles you’d like to see tutorials for and it was a resounding yes for this one. This is such a bold hairstyle but I think it would look so cool and nearly any event, a concert, night out with friends, or even to a school dance! Let me know what you think and if there are any other tutorials you’d love to see! Thanks so much for reading! xo, Missy
Wrapped Mohawk Updo Supplies:
Wrapped Mohawk Updo Instructions:
- Step 1 / Begin by dividing out a section of hair along the top of the head by creating two part lines from the forehead back and down towards the nape of the neck.
- Step 2 / Clip down the bottom hair.
- Step 3 / Take a section of hair near the hairline, twist it together and pin it in place with a bobby pin.
- Step 4 / Now take a section from the right side cross it over to the left side, wrap the hair under and pin it in place with a bobby pin.
- Step 5 / Then pick up a section from the left side, cross it over to the right, wrapping the hair under and securing it in place with a bobby pin.
- Step 6 / Continue picking up sections from one side and crossing them over to the opposite side, wrapping them under and pinning them in place behind the previous section until reaching about an inch or two from the nape of the neck.
- Step 7 / Now let down the hair on the sides of the head and combine it all together at the base of the mohawk.
- Step 8 / Wrap a clear elastic band half way over the section and then twist the hair and the elastic together before wrapping the elastic band once more over the hair to form the bun.
- Step 9 / Take the ends left sticking out and loop them back towards the elastic, tucking them in.
- Step 10 / Pin down the edges of the bun so it’s flush with the head.