Today’s tutorial was inspired by the Lace Braid Wrapped Bun. I love the creativity behind that style but wanted to create a similar tutorial that was done in a more basic way. The method behind this look feels more “classic” and I love that the bun isn’t the usual messy bun that I love to do. I think it gives this style a completely different feel and I hope the technique is fun and new for you to learn.
I’m currently making a list of new tutorials to film over the next few weeks so if there is anything that you’d love to see in an upcoming tutorial, be sure to let me know in the comments below! xo, Missy
Double Braid Wrapped Roll Bun Supplies:
- Rattail comb
- Bobby pins
- Clear elastic band
- Medium-hold hairspray
Double Braid Wrapped Roll Bun Instructions:
- Step 1 / Begin by parting the hair where you normally part it. I’ve placed mine on the right side.
- Step 2 / Divide off a section of hair at the crown and pin down the right side before wrapping the left side over the top and pinning it down with more bobby pins.
- Step 3 / Next separate out the back section of hair by creating part lines behind both ears and bringing the side hair forwards, over the shoulders.
- Step 4 / Take the back section and tie the hair together, near the bottom, with a clear elastic band.
- Step 5 / Roll this section upwards towards the head and pin it in place with bobby pins.
- Step 6 / Now take the hair on the right side and divide it into two sections, a top and bottom.
- Step 7 / Wrap the bottom section over the top of the bun and pin it in place with bobby pins.
- Step 8 / Then do the same thing with the hair on the left side, taking the bottom section, wrapping it over the bun and pinning it underneath with bobby pins.
- Step 9 / With the hair on the right side, begin a french braid and then switch to a lace braid so you’re only adding in hair from along the hairline.
- Step 10 / Once all of the hair is brought into the braid, continue braiding the section to the bottom.
- Step 11 / Now pull on the edges of the braid to make it fuller.
- Step 12 / Lay it over the top of the bun and pin it in place with bobby pins, tucking the ends into the bun.
- Step 13 / Repeat the same steps with the hair on the left side creating a second lace braid.
- Step 14 / Stretch out the braid by pulling on the edges.
- Step 15 / Lay the braid over the bun and secure it underneath with bobby pins.
- Step 16 / Set everything in place with hairspray and smooth down flyaways.