Once the weather starts warming up, I find myself always throwing my hair into a quick ponytail. I thought it’d be fun to share this double lace fishtail ponytail because it’s an easy way to make your ponytail a little more unique. Fishtail braids are always on trend too, so you’re sure to get tons of compliments! Ponytails are also a great style for wearing to the gym and playing sports so this look is sure to be on repeat all summer long. Thanks for reading! xo, Missy
Double Lace Fishtail Ponytail Supplies:
Double Lace Fishtail Ponytail Instructions:
- Step 1 / Begin by parting the hair where you normally prefer. I’ve placed mine on the right side.
- Step 2 / Pick up a small section on the left side of the part and divide it into two smaller sections.
- Step 3 / Take a small piece from the right side and cross it over to the left side.
- Step 4 / Take a small piece from the left side and cross it over to the right side.
- Step 5 / Start incorporating new sections of hair into each side of the braid so cross a small piece from the right over to the left, pick up a new section and cross it over to the left side.
- Step 6 / Then take a small piece from the left side, cross it over to the right, pick up a new section and cross it over to the right side.
- Step 7 / Repeat those steps for three stitches of the braid.
- Step 8 / Now stop adding in new sections to the right side of the braid and only bring in new sections to the left side of the braid to create a lace fishtail braid.
- Step 9 / Continue the lace fishtail braid, keeping it high on the head and working along the hairline until it reaches the nape of the neck.
- Step 10 / Then continue the braid a little further down and slide a bobby pin over the bottom so it doesn’t unravel.
- Step 11 / Now repeat those same steps and create a second lace fishtail braid on the right side of the head.
- Step 12 / With both braids done, combine all of the hair together and use a hair band to tie it into a ponytail.
- Step 13 / Then remove the bobby pins from the ends of the braids and unravel them.
- Step 14 / Take a small section of hair from the ponytail, wrap it around the hair band and secure it underneath with a bobby pin.
- Step 15 / Spray the style with a firm-hold hairspray and smooth down any flyaways.
- Step 16 / Optional: Use a 1 1/4″ curling iron to curl the ponytail.