Throwing your hair into a ponytail has always been a popular go-to style because it’s super quick and easy. A fun way to elevate your everyday pony is by adding a cute french braid into the mix.
For today’s tutorial, I thought it’d be fun to recreate this older tutorial so you could see an updated version. I love this style for everyday and it literally takes me minutes to do.
Have you already mastered the french braid? If not, be sure to check out my basic french braiding tutorial! xo, Missy
French Braid Ponytail Supplies:
- Paddle brush
- Clear elastic band
- Hair band
- 1 1/4″ curling iron
French Braid Ponytail Instructions:
To prep my hair for this hairstyle, I curled small sections with a 1 1/4″ curling iron.
- Step 1 / Begin by parting the hair where you normally part it; you can also do this style without a part.
- Step 2 / Pick up a section of hair at the crown and divide it into three pieces for the braid.
- Step 3 / Cross the left strand over the middle and then cross the right strand over the middle.
- Step 4 / Now cross the left strand over the middle, pick up a new section of hair and cross it over the middle strand as well.
- Step 5 / Then cross the right strand over the middle, picking up a new section of hair and cross it over and into the middle strand.
- Step 6 / Repeat those steps crossing the side strands over the middle strand while adding new sections into the braid until it reaches the nape of the neck.
- Step 7 / Then braid the hair a little further down and tie off the end of the braid with a clear elastic band.
- Step 8 / Now combine all of the hair together and tie it into a low ponytail.
- Step 9 / Once it’s tied off, remove the elastic band from the end of the braid and unravel it.
- Step 10 / Then take a small section of hair from the ponytail, wrap it around the hair band and secure the wrapped piece with a clear elastic band.