Do I even need to tell you how much I adore this style? (:
It’s giving me all the Spring and Summer vibes now that March is right around the corner. It only takes a few minutes to recreate this style and it’s such a fun way to wear your hair when you don’t feel like washing it. So when only a bun (or two!) will do, I hope you give this one a try!
Double Twist Low Buns Supplies:
- Rattail comb
- 2 Elastic bands
- 10-12 Bobby pins
- Medium-hold hairspray
Double Twist Low Buns Instructions:
- Step 1 / Begin by parting the hair slightly off center towards the right side.
- Step 2 / Then continue the part down the back of the head in a zig zag pattern.
- Step 3 / Pick up a section of hair on the left side and divide it into two smaller pieces.
- Step 4 / Cross the left strand over the right strand.
- Step 5 / Now add a new section of hair into both sides and cross the left strand over the right strand again.
- Step 6 / Now add a new section of hair into both sides again and cross the left strand over the right strand.
- Step 7 / Repeat those steps adding new sections into the braid, crossing the left strand over the right strand, until all of the hair is brought in all of the hair from the left side.
- Step 8 / Then continue twisting the hair to the bottom and tie off the end of the braid with a clear elastic band.
- Step 9 / Now wrap the braid into a bun at the nape of the neck and pin it in place with several bobby pins.
- Step 10 / Now repeat those same steps and create a second rope braid with the hair on the right side.
- Step 11 / Then wrap the braid into a bun at the nape of the neck and pin it in place with bobby pins.
- Step 12 / Now slide bobby pins into the twist to help secure them in place.
- Step 13 / Then go back over the twists and pull on the edges to make them fuller.
- Step 14 / Now set the style with a medium-hold hairspray and smooth down any flyaways.