The holidays are here so I wanted to quickly share one more holiday inspired hairstyle. This dutch braided bun is a lot easier to do than it looks and would be such a fun hairstyle to wear for a new years party! Dress it up or down and wear it as an everyday style. It’s a great heatless hairstyle too and could be done with one braid instead of two.
Let me know what you think and I hope you enjoy the tutorial!
- Rattail comb
- 6 Bobby pins
- Medium-hold hairspray
- Step 1 / Begin by parting the hair on the right side.
- Step 2 / Pick up a small section of hair on the right side of the part and divide it into three small pieces for the dutch braid.
- Step 3 / Cross the right strand under the middle and then cross the left strand under the middle.
- Step 4 / Then cross the right strand under the middle, pick up a new section of hair and cross it under the middle strand as well.
- Step 5 / Then cross the left strand under the middle and pick up a new section of hair crossing it under the middle strand.
- Step 6 / Then just repeat those steps continuing the dutch braid, angling it towards the back of the head until hair is brought in from underneath the right ear.
- Step 7 / Then braid the section a little further down and slide two bobby pins over the bottom.
- Step 8 / Now repeat those steps and create a second dutch braid on the left side of the head crossing the side strands under the middle strand and angling the braid towards the back of the head.
- Step 9 / Once the braid reaches the other braid remove the bobby pins from the first braid and combine it with the second braid.
- Step 10 / Then continue crossing the side strands under the middle while bringing new sections in the braid until all of the hair is combined into one braid.
- Step 11 / Now braid the section to the ends and wrap it into a spiral towards the left side at the nape of the neck, tucking the ends into the center.
- Step 12 / Then slide bobby pins around the outside of the bun and in the middle as well until it feels nice and tight against the head.
- Step 13 / Then go back over the braids and gently pull on the edges to make them a little fuller.
- Step 14 / Set the style with a medium-hold or firm-hold hairspray.