If you’re as obsessed with fishtail braids as I am, then you’ll love this new tutorial! Watch the video to learn how to create this beautiful double fishtail braid updo. Whether you’re heading to work, a school dance, or simply brunch, this style can be achieved in just a few simple steps. Let me know in the comments which hair tutorials you would like to see next!
Double Fishtail Braid Updo Supplies:
- Rattail comb
- Hair sectioning clip
- 8-10 Bobby pins
- Hair band
Double Fishtail Braid Updo Instructions:
- Step 1 / Begin by parting the hair on the right side.
- Step 2 / Then divide out the front section of hair from the part line down to the left ear and clip away the back hair.
- Step 3 / Pick up a 1-2” section of hair near the parting lines and create a fishtail braid. To create a fishtail braid begin by splitting the section into two smaller pieces. Take a small sections from one side and cross it over the opposite side.
- Step 4 / Continue the steps braiding the entire section of hair into a fishtail braid.
- Step 5 / Once the braid reaches the bottom of the hair, criss cross two bobby pins over the bottom so it doesn’t unravel.
- Step 6 / Now pick up a new section of hair right in front of the previous fishtail braid and braid this section into a second fishtail braid.
- Step 7 / Once the braid reaches the ends, secure the bottom by criss crossing two bobby pins.
- Step 8 / Next divide out a section of hair from the part down to the right ear and keep this separate from the back section.
- Step 9 / Combine all of the back hair together into a low ponytail.
- Step 10 / Wrap a hair band over the ponytail and on the last pass only pull the hair halfway through to create a loop.
- Step 11 / Take small sections of the bun and bring them up towards the head, pinning them in place with bobby pins.
- Step 12 / Repeat the previous step pinning 3 or 4 sections of hair.
- Step 13 / Take the ends of the hair left out and roll these under the bun and tuck them into the hair band.
- Step 14 / Now take the section of hair on the right side and drape this over the top of the bun and then wrap it around the bottom of the bun, pinning it in place as you go.
- Step 15 / Then take the two fishtail braids and the rest of the hair on the left side and wrap this over the bun, pinning it on the right side of the bun.
- Step 16 / Then tuck the ends underneath the bun and pinning them with bobby pins.