If you’re looking for that perfect, head-turning hairstyle, then this is the braid for you! This is definitely not your everyday braid but I couldn’t resist sharing it because these types of styles remind me of how much I love doing hair.
It definitely takes a lot of practice and patience to master a complicated style like this one. Hopefully you find this tutorial easy to follow however and learn something new. Whether you give it a try or not, I hope you enjoy it. On another note, thank you so much for watching and supporting me throughout the years. I couldn’t do it without you so from the bottom of my heart, thank you very, very much. xo, Missy
Four Strand Looped Braid Supplies:
- 1 1/4″ curling iron
- Rattail comb
- 2 bobby pins
- Medium-hold hairspray
Four Strand Looped Braid Instructions:
To prep my hair for this hairstyle I curled small sections away from my face using a 1 1/4″ curling iron.
- Step 1 / Start by creating a part on the right side.
- Step 2 / Pick up a small section on the heavy side of the part and split it into four pieces. The second piece should be the largest since it doesn’t have hair added into it.
- Step 3 / Begin by crossing the fourth strand under the third, then over the second, and under the first.
- Step 4 / Then cross the third strand over the second strand to complete the first set.
- Step 5 / Now begin again crossing the fourth strand under the third and pick up a new section of hair adding it into that fourth strand after it’s crossed under the third.
- Step 6 / Then cross it over the second strand and under the first strand.
- Step 7 / Pick up a new section and cross it over, adding it into the previous first strand.
- Step 8 / Finish the set by crossing the third strand over the second strand.
- Step 9 / Now begin a new set, crossing the fourth strand under the third and bringing a new section into the braid.
- Step 10 / Then cross it over the second and now instead of crossing it under the first, drop down the first strand and pick up a new section in it’s place. This will create the first waterfall piece.
- Step 11 / Now cross the third strand over the second to finish the set.
- Step 12 / Now repeat those steps continuing the four strand waterfall braid until 4 strands of hair are dropped down.
- Step 13 / Once four waterfall strands are hanging down, begin incorporating them back into the braid as the new first strand.
- Step 14 / So cross the first waterfall strand over the second strand and then under the third strand to finish the set.
- Step 15 / To repeat the steps once more, cross the fourth strand under the third and stop adding new sections in from the top of the head.
- Step 16 / Then cross the fourth strand over the second and cross the next waterfall strand over the top and then under the third strand to finish the set.
- Step 17 / Now repeat those steps continuing the braid, adding the waterfall strands into the braid as the new first strand until they’ve all been brought into the braid.
- Step 18 / Then go back over the braid and gently pull on the loops so they’re easier to see.
- Step 19 / Wrap the braid around the back of the head and pin it in place with bobby pins.
- Step 20 / Set the style with a medium-hold hairspray and smooth down any flyaways.