Another fun half up style! I love these looks that have a bohemian feel and you guys have been requesting more half up, half down looks so let me know what you think of this one. I am also sharing how I prep my hair for these types of styles since that’s something else that’s been requested a lot recently. I hope you find this tutorial helpful. Be sure to leave me a comment below of any future tutorials that you’d love to see this Summer! xo, Missy
Dutch Fishtail Topsy Tail Braid Supplies:
- Heat Protectant Spray
- Pro Beauty Tools XL 1 1/4″ Curling Iron
- Rattail comb
- 4 Bobby pins
- 3 Clear elastic bands
- Medium-hold hairspray
Dutch Fishtail Topsy Tail Braid Instructions:
Prep: For this hairstyle, I curled all of my hair away from my face using the Pro Beauty Tools Professional X-Long 1 1/4” Gold Curling Iron.
- Step 1 / Begin by parting the hair on the right side.
- Step 2 / Pick up a small section on the heavy side of the part and split it into two equal pieces.
- Step 3 / Take a small section from the right half and cross it under to the left side.
- Step 4 / Then take a small piece from the left side and cross it under to the right side.
- Step 5 / Now repeat those steps and begin incorporating new sections into the braid until it reaches the left temple.
- Step 6 / Then braid the rest of the section in a fishtail braid crossing small sections from one side under to the opposite side and working down to the ends.
- Step 7 / Now go back over the braid, pulling on the edges to make it big and full.
- Step 8 / Wrap the braid around the back of the head and pin it in place with bobby pins.
- Step 9 / Next take a small section of hair from above the right ear, twisting it together and pinning it underneath the fishtail braid.
- Step 10 / Pick up a small 1″ section of hair at the back of the head, underneath the braid, and tie this together with a small elastic band.
- Step 11 / Create a small gap above the elastic, flip the hair up through the gap to create little twists on each side of the section.
- Step 12 / Pull on the twists to make them bigger so they show up a little better.
- Step 13 / Tie two more elastics down the length of this section, flipping the end through a small gap above the elastic each time.
- Step 14 / Pull on the edges of the twists to make them fuller.
- Step 15 / Spray the style with hairspray to set everything in place.