If you’ve been wanting to test out your braiding skills, I’ve got a fun new hairstyle for you to try!
Heatless, intricate, messy bun action, this one’s got it all. I am way beyond excited to be sharing the tutorial for this double waterfall high bun hairstyle. I don’t think I’ve been this excited about a hairstyle since the Triple French Braid Double Waterfall that happened back in 2014. I really hope you love it and give it a try! Let me know what you think in the comments below! xo, Missy
Double Waterfall Braid High Bun Supplies:
- Rattail comb
- 2 Hair sectioning clips
- 4 Bobby pins
- 1 Hair band
- Medium-hold hairspray
Double Waterfall Braid High Bun Instructions:
- Step 1 / Begin by parting the hair on the right side.
- Step 2 / Then divide out a large section of hair on the heavy side of the part and clip the back hair out of the way.
- Step 3 / Next divide the section into two smaller sections, and clip the back half out of the way.
- Step 4 / Pick up a small section near the part and divide it into three smaller pieces for the braid.
- Step 5 / Begin by crossing the right strand over the middle and then cross the left strand over the middle.
- Step 6 / Now cross the right strand over the middle, take the new right strand and bring it over the head, and clip it out of the way.
- Step 7 / Then pick up a new section of hair in place of the section clipped away and cross this new section over the middle strand.
- Step 8 / Next cross the left strand over the middle, pick up a new section, and cross it over the middle strand as well.
- Step 9 / Now just repeat those steps, continuing the braid down the front section of hair until hair is brought in at the top of the left ear.
- Step 10 / Then braid the rest of the section to the ends in a regular 3 strand braid and secure the bottom with two criss-crossed bobby pins.
- Step 11 / Next let down the waterfall pieces that are clipped away and let down the second section of hair as well.
- Step 12 / For the second braid simply repeat the same steps as the first braid while incorporating the waterfall sections into the braid.
- Step 13 / When both braids are done, take the remaining hair and brush it into a high ponytail, adding the braids in last so they aren’t buried under other hair.
- Step 14 / Holding the ponytail in the right hand, wrap a hand band once over all of the hair.
- Step 15 / Then twist the band over the right hand and remove the bobby pins from the ends of the braids.
- Step 16 / Now spread the hair around the hair band to form the base of the bun and wrap the hair band twice more over this base.
- Step 17 / Pull on the edges of the bun until it’s big and full.
- Step 18 / Then take the ends left sticking out and tuck them back into the hairband at the front of the bun.
- Step 19 / Gently pull on the hair at the top of the head to create extra volume.
- Step 20 / Pin down any loose pieces with bobby pins and set the style with hairspray.