Today I’m excited to share the tutorial for this double fishtail french braids. I love this hairstyle for summer and think it’s such a great way to dress up your hair for a day out. You can also wear it heatless with your natural texture if you’d like. I hope you give it a try and let me know what you think in the comments! Thank you so much for reading! xo, Missy
Double Fishtail French Braids Supplies:
- Rattail Comb
- 4 Clear elastic bands
- Medium-hold hairspray
- 1 1/4″ curling iron
Double Fishtail French Braids Instructions:
To prep my hair for this hairstyle I curled clean hair with a 1 1/4″ curling iron.
- Step 1 / Begin by creating a part on the right side though you can put it where ever you’d like.
- Step 2 / Next create a zigzag part down the back of the head, dividing the hair into a left and right side.
- Step 3 / Tie off the right section with a clear elastic band.
- Step 4 / Pick up a section on the left side of the part and split it into three sections.
- Step 5 / Begin one stitch of a regular braid and then combine the middle and right strands together for the fishtail braid.
- Step 6 / For the fishtail braid, take a small section from the right and cross it over to the left.
- Step 7 / Pick up a small section of hair and cross it over to the left as well.
- Step 8 / Now cross a small section from the left side over to the right, and pick up a new section of hair crossing it over to the right side.
- Step 9 / These are the steps to creating a fishtail french braid so just repeat those steps continuing the braid down the left side of the head until all of the hair from the left side is brought in.
- Step 10 / Now tie off the end of the braid with a clear elastic band.
- Step 11 / Let down the hair on the right side and repeat the same steps creating a second fishtail french braid with the right section.
- Step 12 / Once the second braid reaches the nape of the neck and all of the hair is brought in, tie it off and then wrap a small section of hair around the elastic band. Tie a second elastic over the hair making sure to include the ends from the wrapped section. This second elastic will hold the wrapped hair in place while also staying hidden underneath it.
- Step 13 / Then repeat the same step with the left braid, wrapping the elastic with a piece of hair and tying a second elastic band over the ends.
- Step 14 / Set the style with hairspray and smooth down any flyaways.