I’ve had heatless hairstyles on the brain a ton lately and this is one of my favorites! I am always throwing my hair into a messy bun and this little french braid makes it feel a little extra fancy. It’s perfect for running errands, heading to the pool, or whatever your plans are for that day. You’re bound to get tons of compliments for this look and I think it’s a lot easier than it looks! xo, Missy
Upside Down French Braid High Bun Supplies:
- Paddle Brush
- Clear elastic band
- Hair band
- Medium-hold hairspray
Upside Down French Braid High Bun Instructions:
- Step 1 / Begin by flipping the head upside down and brush all of the hair upwards. This makes creating the braid a little easier.
- Step 2 / Divide off a small section of hair at the nape of the neck and divide it into three pieces for the braid.
- Step 3 / To create a french braid first cross the right strand over the middle and then cross the left strand over the middle.
- Step 4 / Now cross the right strand over the middle and pick up a new section of hair, crossing it over the middle as well bringing it into the braid.
- Step 5 / Then cross the left strand over the middle, pick up a new section of hair and cross it over the middle strand as well.
- Step 6 / Repeat those steps, continuing the french braid, working up the back of the head until hair is brought in hair at the top of both ears.
- Step 7 / Now braid the section a little further down and tie it off with an elastic band.
- Step 8 / Sit back up right and brush all of the hair on top of the head where the bun will be.
- Step 9 / Wrap a hair band once over the hair and twist it over the right hand.
- Step 10 / With the hair band tight around the hair, remove the elastic band from the end of the braid.
- Step 11 / Then to continue the bun, spread the ponytail around the hair band to form the base of the bun.
- Step 12 / Now wrap the hair band twice more over this little bun.
- Step 13 / Once it’s wrapped, pull on the edges of the bun until it’s nice and big.
- Step 14 / Then tuck the ends back into the hair band at the front of the bun to create another loop.
- Step 15 / Pin down any of the edges that are sticking out oddly and set it all in place with hairspray.