I have seen the infinity braid popping up everywhere! I am so in love with this technique because it looks so difficult but can be so easy to learn. Essentially an infinity braid is created by wrapping hair around two sections of hair in a horizontal figure 8 pattern. This version adds in pieces of hair along the way exactly like a dutch braid so it’s a cool way to amp up your basic dutch braid. I love this as a heatless, summer hairstyle and think this is such a Do you love this style? Let me know in the comments if you plan on trying out this hairstyle. xo, Missy
Dutch Infinity Braid Supplies:
- Rattail comb
- 2 Clear elastic bands
- Medium-hold hairspray
Dutch Infinity Braid Instructions:
- Step 1 / Begin by brushing all of the hair straight back from the forehead.
- Step 2 / Pick up a section at the hairline and divide it into two equal sections.
- Step 3 / Divide off a small section of hair from the left side cross it under the left strand and over the right strand.
- Step 4 / Now pick up a new section of hair and add it into this piece.
- Step 5 / Then wrap the section under the right strand and over the left strand.
- Step 6 / Now pick up a new section of hair adding it in and wrap the section under the left strand and over the right strand.
- Step 7 / Now just repeat those steps continuing the braid working down the back of the head.
- Step 8 / Once all of the hair is brought into the braid, continue braiding the section a little further down before tying it off with an elastic band.
- Step 9 / Now pick up a small section of hair and wrap it over all of the hair. Then tie another elastic band over the ponytail making sure to include the ends from the wrapped section and this will hold the hair in place.
- Step 10 / Spray the style with hairspray and smooth down any flyaways.