Summer is around the corner and I’ve been rounding up some great heatless hairstyles! I am planning to give up hot tools when the weather really heats up and this would be a great hairstyle to try. I love braiding my hair on day two or three because the texture is easier to work with after a little dusting of dry shampoo. This style takes less than 10 minutes to do and you can even switch out the fishtail braid for a regular one if you’re in a super rush. If you recreate this look I’d love to know in comments below!
Topsy Tail Fishtail Braid Instruction:
- Step 1 / Begin by parting the hair where you normally prefer. Section off a portion of hair from the part down to the left ear.
- Step 2 / Divide off a similar sized section on the right side of the head.
- Step 3 / Bring the two sections to the back of the head and tie them together with an elastic band.
- Step 4 / Flip the ends up and around the elastic to create a topsy tail.
- Step 5 / Gently pull on the edges of the twists to make them fuller.
- Step 6 / Pick up two new sections of hair and tie them together underneath the first.
- Step 7 / Flip the ends up and around the elastic band to create a second topsy tail. Split the tail into two halves and pull in opposite directions to tighten the twist underneath the previous one.
- Step 8 / Take the remaining hair and braid it into a fishtail braid.
- Step 9 / Braid the hair to the bottom in a fishtail braid and tie off the end with an elastic band.
- Step 10 / Pull on the sides of the fishtail braid to make it wider and more full. Then set the style with a medium-hold hairspray.