You guys! I’ve gotten so many requests for half up hairstyles lately that I thought this fishtail braid flower would be the perfect tutorial! I saw a similar picture on instagram and was planning to do a tutorial when someone requested it and I got so excited because it was something I already wanted to film. I think this hairstyle works so great as an everyday style but would be so pretty for a holiday party. It seems so simple from the front but it’s definitely not your everyday half up hairstyle. I hope you enjoy the tutorial and if you want to check out some of my past flower braids you can see them here, here, here, here, and here!
- 1 Clear elastic band
- 5-6 bobby pins
- Medium-hold hairspray
Fishtail Braid Flower Instructions:
- Step 1 / Begin by parting the hair on the left side though you can part it wherever you normally prefer.
- Step 2 / Next, divide off a section of hair right above the ears and tie it off with a clear elastic band.
- Step 3 / Braid this section into a fishtail braid by splitting it into two sections and crossing small pieces from one side over the top to the other, braiding down to the ends.
- Step 4 / Criss-cross two bobby pins over the ends so they don’t unravel. This will make it easier to go back over the braid pulling on the edges to make it fuller.
- Step 5 / Now wrap the braid clock-wise into a spiral over the top elastic band. I went ahead and slid bobby pins into the underside of the braid to help hold it in place.
- Step 6 / Remove the bobby pins from the end of the braid and tuck the ends into the center of the spiral, pinning them with bobby pins.
- Step 8 / Now go back over the braid and pull on the edges to make the flower fuller. This will also help it show up better.
- Step 9 / Set the style with hairspray and that is the very last step!