Whether you’re heading to a holiday party or staying at home to decorate the tree, this pretty updo can have you feeling your best in a matter of minutes. I love this look because it can easily be dressed up or down depending on what your day entails. Dutch braids have always been a favorite of mine and this messy bun literally takes seconds to do. This style has a fancy, holiday feel so if you’re looking for your next favorite updo then look no further and check out the tutorial below! (:
Dutch Braid Holiday Updo Supplies:
Dutch Braid Holiday Updo Instructions:
- Step 1 / For this look start with a part on the left side.
- Step 2 / Pick up a small slice of hair on the heavy side of the part and divide it into three pieces for the braid.
- Step 3 / Begin a dutch braid by crossing the right side strand under the middle and then cross the left side strand under the middle.
- Step 4 / Now cross the right side strand under the middle and bring in a new section of hair. Then cross the left side strand under the middle and bring in a new section of hair.
- Step 5 / Continue the dutch braid working down towards left ear.
- Step 6 / Then angle the braid slightly towards the back of the head.
- Step 7 / Once a section level with the ear is brought into the braid stop adding in new sections and just braid the section a little ways down in a regular 3 strand braid.
- Step 8 / Go back over the braid and pull on the edges to make it 2 to 3 times bigger before tying it off with an elastic band.
- Step 9 / Pick up the remaining hair and tie it into a messy bun. Here is a detailed tutorial of how I did this bun if you’d like to check it out.
- Step 10 / Take the ends that are sticking out and loop them back towards the top of the bun, tucking them into the elastic band. Then pull on the edges to make another loop.
- Step 11 / Next, take the braid and wrap it over the top of the bun wrapping it around the base of the bun, tucking the ends underneath, and pinning it with bobby pins.
- Step 12 / Spray the style with hairspray and smooth down any flyaways.
I hope you loved this tutorial. I definitely love this look and think it’d look so fabulous as a holiday party. Be sure to share it with friends who you know would love this style too!