Take the popular hairstyle “Space Buns” to the next level with dutch braids! This hairstyle, original inspo here, is not only perfect for sweating it out at the gym but easily transitions for whatever you’ve got scheduled afterwards! Make the braiding easier by flipping your head upside down so the hair stays out of the way. I hope you enjoy the tutorial and I’m working on a video so watch out for that soon!
Double Dutch Braids High Buns Supplies:
- Rattail Comb
- 2 Hair bands or hair ties
- 2-4 bobby pins (optional)
- Medium-hold hairspray
Double Dutch Braids High Buns Instructions:
- Step 1 / Brush through the hair and then create a center part continuing it down the back of the head. Tie off the hair on the left side to keep it out of the way.
- Step 2 / Working with the right side, divide off a small section of hair at the nape of the neck and split it into three sections. Begin a dutch braid by crossing the side strands under the middle and bring in small sections working up towards the top of the head.
- Step 3 / When the braid lines up with the top of the ears stop bringing in sections and braid the section down a little ways.
- Step 4 / Combine all the hair from the right section, and tie it into a messy bun. I went ahead and linked to the tutorial for how I created these messy buns here.
- Step 5 / Let down the hair on the left side and begin a dutch braid at the nape of the neck working upwards.
- Step 6 / Braid the section a little ways down once it reaches the top of the head.
- Step 7 / Tie the second section into another messy bun and pin down any loose pieces.
- Step 8 / Spray the style with hairspray and smooth down any loose pieces.