Tossing my hair into a low bun or ponytail every day is always so tempting. If you’re the same way then this tutorial is for you! Adding in a braid whether it’s a dutch braid, french braid or fishtail braid will instantly dress up an otherwise boring style. This fishtail french braid is both simple and quick once you get the hang of it and I think it will soon become one of your new favorite looks. Let’s get to it!
Fishtail Braid Low Bun Instructions:
- Step 1 / Begin by parting the hair on the right side. Pick up a small slice of hair on the heavy side and divide it into two equal sections. Begin a fishtail french braid by crossing small sections from one side over to the opposite side, bringing in small slices of hair to each side.
- Step 2 / When the braid reaches the left temple, stop adding in additional hair and braid the section to the bottom in a regular fishtail braid. Tie off the end with an elastic band so it doesn’t unravel.
- Step 3 / Take the remaining hair and combine it into a low ponytail.
- Step 4 / Tie the ponytail with a hair band only pulling it halfway through on the last loop.
- Step 5 / Take small sections from the loop and bring them up towards the head.
- Step 6 / Pin the section against the head to hold it in place. Continue bringing up small sections until you like the way it looks.
- Step 7 / Take the tail from the ponytail and loop it up underneath the top pinned portion. Tuck the tail into the hairband to create the bottom portion of the bun.
- Step 8 / Wrap the braid over the top of the bun and pin it underneath with bobby pins.